Freezing in multiple locations, MB or HDD?

IceTracey

Honorable
May 18, 2012
G'day, everyone. I purchased a new rig for my wife a little over a month ago. Upon installing drivers for the hardware, I ran into a BSOD issue, which re-installing Windows seems to have solved. HOWEVER... I now occasionally receive the error message 'Please Insert boot media and reboot system... ect.' Upon checking my SATA cables and ports, and everything else I could think of, or read to try, I still receive this message. So, I contacted the manufacturer and am in the process of RMAing the HDD. I'm confident that it is indeed an HDD issue, but... upon rebooting the system after receiving this message, the BIOS occasionally freezes on the Splash Screen. Trying to go into the BIOS options menu is fruitless, as the screen is stuck until I power off the system. Rebooting from this can be hit or miss, but after a couple of rounds, it finally boots. My question is... can a faulty HDD cause the BIOS screen to freeze if you're forced to power off the system? Or, could the MB be causing both issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(Note: The MB has been unable to detect the HDD in one instance, but 'found' it again after a reboot. It has never had any trouble finding other devices, like, say, the DVD drive. Also, sorry for the eyeful here, just trying to completely list my problem and everything I've tried. Thanks, mates.)

IceTracey

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Forgot to post specs last night like a tard. Running Win 7, an ASROCK H61m-HVS, an Intel i5, 8 gigs of G. Skill RAM, an Antec 600W PSU, and an HD 6770. As before, any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.