Driver Update

DSDSPURS

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
Hello,
Does anyone have any idea were can directly download: NVIDIA® GeForce® G 205M with 512MB VRAM driver update? All I seem to find doing google searches are driver update 'tools' and is not on NVDIA website (has G 210?). Many thanks in advance....!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What make/model of notebook is this GPU in? Often, you have to use "stock" Windows drivers (Win 7 should have) or OEM provided drivers with mobile GPUs. This is required due to tweaks vendors make with their particular implemtations. Please clarify.

DSDSPURS

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for your response. As I am 'techiically challenged' when it comes to IT issues, I have absolutely no idea what a mobile GPU is.
Its an ASUS Notebook and I keep having issues with gaming, freezing etc. A friend of mine told me I may need to update graphics card. Hope this provides some clarity? Sorry for my lack of computing knowledge, not the first time I have been a little embarrassed when asking for IT support!!!
Thanks again...

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Not a problem, no need to be embarrassed.

GPU = video card and yours is a GeForce 205M according to your first post. With laptops/notebooks, there is usually NO WAY to upgrade the video card (GPU) used in them. Only specifically designed gaming laptops/notebooks usually have that capability.

That is why the make/model is needed to determine if your laptop/notebook can be upgraded or not. The likely answer is NO and your only recourse will be to ensure you are using current drivers and then adjust your visual settings in your games.

Does this help clarify?