Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

First Build - Photo/video editing - CS5 ~ $2,000

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 5, 2011 12:28:56 AM

Hey guys, so I need some advice here. This is my first build and I'm still unsure about a few parts. I'm planning on using this primarily for photoshop, lightroom, after effects, premiere pro, etc. Mostly picture/video editing, probably very little gaming. If I could get some feedback on how this looks I'd appreciate it. Still not 100% sure on the MOBO and whatnot. Any advice greatly appreciated! These are Australian prices, btw. And the U2410 will be my primary monitor, and the LG will be secondary.

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 SATA II 7200RPM 32M – $59.00
LG W2343T-PF 23 Wide 5ms Full HD DVI-D Tilt – $159.00
LG H22NS50 SATA 22X+- Super Multi DVDR Black with Software – $29.00
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Universal Cooler – $32.00
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 Mouse w BlueTrack Retail – $69.00
G Skill 8G(2x4G) DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 RL 9-9-9-24(CL9D-8GBRL) – $105.00
SilverStone ST60F-P 600W PSU 80+ – $99.00
Gigabyte GF GTX460 1G OC DDR5 2xDualLinkDVI miniHDMI – $199.00
Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155 3.4GHz CPU – $329.00
PCCool Thunderstorm 3000 Midi Tower Case – $69.00
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 L1155 P67 Chipset 4x DDR3 SATA3 SATA2 USB3.0 $179.00
Corsair Force Series 115GB SSD2.5 MLC SSD – $239.00
Dell UltraSharp U2410 – LCD display – TFT – 24" – $528

Total $2095

Alright, so, my main questions... I still hate spending this much on an SSD, but I guess it seems worth it. If I'm going to shell out the $, I want something reliable. Is the Corsair one I have listed fine, or would it be better to get the Intel X25-M 80GB 2.5 MLC Solid State Hard Drive 3.5"Kit for $217. Obviously its smaller, but I know the failure rate is really low on Intels.

Any opinions on this final build are greatly appreciated. Going to order everything soon. Thanks!
a b B Homebuilt system
June 5, 2011 5:15:29 AM

Looks pretty good overall, is that the Force 3 120GB SSD? If so its great on paper, but I can't speak as to its reliability since its so new. If reliability is top priority, I'd get a 320.
June 5, 2011 8:12:48 AM

jbakerlent said:
Looks pretty good overall, is that the Force 3 120GB SSD? If so its great on paper, but I can't speak as to its reliability since its so new. If reliability is top priority, I'd get a 320.


Ah no I don't think thats a force 3, that'd be this one: Corsair Performance 3 Series P3-64 64GB 2.5 SSD. That one is about $40 less than the 80gb intel, so if it was down to that I'd just get the Intel probably. I would LOVE to get the 320. Unfortunately I can't even find that in Australia. Plus, its about $320 in the US, which means it'd be about $450 here. I really want to keep my SSD to around $200 if possible.

I'm kind of guilt tripping myself about spending this much money on an SSD when its really not NECESSARY, I just want it. From what I figure, I need 45GB for Windows 7 + CS5 Master Collection. So would a possible middle ground be this...

Corsair Force Series 60GB SSD2.5 MLC SSD, 285/275MB/Sec, SATA II, SandForce controller, TRIM f

This is $100 less than the 80GB Intel. If 60 won't cut it, I might go for the Intel X25-M 80GB 2.5 MLC Solid State Hard Drive 3.5"Kit. Then I can just upgrade to the 320 when the price comes down a bit. I know I'm pushing it on space, but I gotta try to save some money if possible. If there was an impressive HDD that could compete on any level, I'd probably just opt for that until prices come down, it just seems like no HDD can even compare.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
June 5, 2011 8:47:27 AM

I think that mobo doesn't have Quick Sync.
June 5, 2011 8:57:02 AM

mosox said:
I think that mobo doesn't have Quick Sync.


***, I didn't even realize what that was until you just said it. I looked it up, looks like it does help quite a bit for video editing and whatnot? Okay so maybe upgrade to something more like this?


ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Z68 4xDDR3 3*PCIex16 GBL RAID DVI HDMI DS

or...

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 1155 2PCIEX16 SATA2/3 USB2/3


I'm not going to lie... MoBos scare the sh*t out of me. I don't really understand that much about them and I realllly don't know how to pick one. Any advice on this is GREATLY appreciated, lol.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 5, 2011 9:28:03 AM

Doh, meant to mention that, good catch mosox. Yeah you'll want Z68 for sure. The ASRock gets my vote, both are fine though.
June 5, 2011 9:36:28 AM

AMD Athlon 3GHz Quad Core CPU, 4GB of RAM 1.333GHz, ATI RADEON HD 5570 1GB CROSSFIRED with ATI RADEON 3000 1GB, 2TB Samsung SATA HDD, 850 watt PSU, some random £40 case, SILENT KNIGHT II Cooling system CPU temp whilst NON overclocked @~30 degrees when overclocked @~50 degrees, random Samsung DVD-RW and ASUS M4A78LT-M mobo

gaming standard^

thats my config

oh and by the way about the solid state drives... its not worth it... seriously they may cost twice as mutch as a normal drive but really all solid state drives are good for is how cool they are and the read and write. and if its images you are editing a standard disk would be perfect for the job images come in like 1-20MB at thier best and the read/write is virtually infinite. :D 

also enjoy your new computer!

ALL FOR £592.99
or ~ $976.30

purchase from www.maplin.co.uk

before installing the os using this please press 4 on the bios loading screen (activates all 4 cores)
a b B Homebuilt system
June 5, 2011 10:41:24 AM

ggbroughton said:

gaming standard^


Regardless, he's not gaming.
June 5, 2011 11:50:58 AM

jbakerlent said:
Regardless, he's not gaming.


Yeah, not going to be gaming. Just looking for the best pic/vid editing machine I can afford.

Any final opinions on this build before I pull the trigger? Last minute rants about SSDs, etc? If not I guess I have a couple final questions. I'm thinking about holding off on the overclock for a bit, just to make sure its all stable. So I'll probably drop the cooler for now. Anyways...

Will the Gigabyte GF GTX460 1G OC DDR5 2xDualLinkDVI miniHDMI be fine for running 2 monitors?

Would 12GB ram really be a lot better than 8GB?
June 5, 2011 12:29:50 PM

i was just showing what you could get for your money. thats all. i know this guy didnt want to be gaming but still look at the budget and what you can get for half of it.
June 5, 2011 12:31:26 PM

SirSavage said:
Yeah, not going to be gaming. Just looking for the best pic/vid editing machine I can afford.

Any final opinions on this build before I pull the trigger? Last minute rants about SSDs, etc? If not I guess I have a couple final questions. I'm thinking about holding off on the overclock for a bit, just to make sure its all stable. So I'll probably drop the cooler for now. Anyways...

Will the Gigabyte GF GTX460 1G OC DDR5 2xDualLinkDVI miniHDMI be fine for running 2 monitors?

Would 12GB ram really be a lot better than 8GB?


it depends on what operating system you intend on installing as i think windows XP only recognises 4GB or maybe it was 8 but for photoshop you need 2GB of ram to run it so 8 should be enough (even thoughh i manage to fire it up on 128 MB of ram verry laggy though)
June 5, 2011 12:39:09 PM

The geforce will do fine, but a 560 will do MUCH BETTER.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 5, 2011 12:53:57 PM
June 5, 2011 11:35:20 PM

addison said:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...


This is perfect for what you need it for.


What is the difference between the 560 and the 560Ti? I can't find that exact model here in Australia. Would any of these work? I realllllly wasn't looking to spend this much on a video card, but obviously this is a key component I'm going to need. So I guess give me an honest opinion on this. If the Gigabyte for $230 is going to be realllly close to the eVGA for $300, I'd really rather save the $70.

Gigabyte GTX560 OC 1G GDDR5 PCIE DualLink DVI - $230

Asus GTX560 1G DCII 2DI GDDR5 - $259

MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II OC - $259

Leadtek GTX560 1024M 2xDVI-DL Mini HDMI PCIE - $260

Gainward GTX560Ti 1G DDR5 Golden Sample - $275.00

Gigabyte GTX560 Super OC 560TI DDR5 1GB HDMI PCIE - $289

eVGA GTX560 Ti 1024M 2x DVI-DL Mini HDMI PCIE - $300

Gainward GTX560Ti 2G DDR5 Phantom - $315

June 6, 2011 1:04:13 AM

addison said:
The ti is slightly more power, but the 560 is good for what you need it for , the Gigabyte better buy it now! that's a VERY good price,


Proof: http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=657&card2...


I was wrong, this one IS actually the Gigabyte GTX560 OC 1G GDDR5 PCIE DualLink DVI - $230 is the Ti version:

http://umart.com.au/pro/products_review.phtml?id=10&bid...

And its only $230, so I'll definitely get that. Wooooo! Think I finally settled on a card! Thanks for the help! Now if I can only decide if a SSD is worth it, lol.
June 6, 2011 2:13:26 AM

The pro and the cons of a SSD

Pro's:
Faster loading speed
Very fast at reading
Easy to install
Data install much faster

Cons:
Has low memory supply
Can get VERY expensive i'm talking possibly 600$ for a SSD! that has only 320 gb which isn't so much.

So I'd get 1 SSD and a 7200 1tb HDD or 2tb.

This a ideal SSD : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

And for a HDD : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Also this CPU http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... is less powerful but still a great cpu this is the one a lot of people are buying, no need to wast a extra 100$, this will do what you need it for GUARENTEED. I'm trying to save you alot here :) 

And for a cooler cpu http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

And for a cooler case http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... (may need it to fit the CPU fan)

With all fans in that case your pc will run VERY cool, Also 12gb needs a lot of cooling 8 gig's is fine for video editing. And for the O.S http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... has many security features that will be helpful to keep a virus free PC , that is really it other than that the pc is GREAT.

Total: 2025.94 (from the first post excluding mouse jeyboard your listed cpu cooler) Also you save 120$ from the CPU you first listed, so really plus the keyboard and mouse it would be 1900ish$ or more.
June 6, 2011 2:25:11 AM

addison said:
The pro and the cons of a SSD

Pro's:
Faster loading speed
Very fast at reading
Easy to install
Data install much faster

Cons:
Has low memory supply
Can get VERY expensive i'm talking possibly 600$ for a SSD! that has only 320 gb which isn't so much.

So I'd get 1 SSD and a 7200 1tb HDD or 2tb.

This a ideal SSD : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

And for a HDD : http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

Also this CPU http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... is less powerful but still a great cpu this is the one a lot of people are buying, no need to wast a extra 100$, this will do what you need it for GUARENTEED. I'm trying to save you alot here :) 

And for a cooler cpu http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

And for a cooler case http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... (may need it to fit the CPU fan)

With all fans in that case your pc will run VERY cool, Also 12gb needs a lot of cooling 8 gig's is fine for video editing. And for the O.S http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... has many security features that will be helpful to keep a virus free PC , that is really it other than that the pc is GREAT.



Wow, thanks for the detailed reply! Okay so here's my concerns with that...

1) I was originally going to get a Vertex 2 but the reviews are SOOOO mixed its ridiculous. For every 20 people that say its awesome there's 20 people who say it died within a week. It makes me nervous. The options for the SSD would probably be:

Intel X25-M 80GB 2.5 MLC Solid State Hard Drive 3.5"Kit - $217.00

OCZ 80G Vertex II Series SSD - $168.00

Corsair Force Series 115GB SSD2.5 MLC SSD - $239.00

2) Would I need a CPU cooler if I'm not going to overclock right now or should I just get a better case like you mentioned?

3) I can get Windows 7 Professional for free, so I'm going to have to go with that.
June 6, 2011 2:37:01 AM

Well,

For future upgrades you may want more room, video editing is quite powerful and that case you posted doesn't have so much fans so that case will be enough with all the fan's so no stick with the stock fan or the fan you first posted. People who said it "died" are probably idiots who don't know how to install a SSD in a PC, like they didn't fully connect it, But to be safe go with the Corsair. There should be no problem's, if there is buy from tiger direct and not "umart" (the video card is fine) Tiger direct has a plan to return items to get a new one or get a refund.
June 6, 2011 3:04:25 AM

Alright well I kind of have to order from umart because I'm in Australia, so tigerdirect isn't really an option. Anyways, the 560 for $230 should be Ti, look at it and make sure I'm not crazy.

http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id...


As for the SSD, the Corsair and Vertex are pretty close on the price/size.

http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id...
http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id...


As for the case, I'd like to keep the cost under $130 if possible. Here's a couple possible options?

http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id...
http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id...

or anything from this list: http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&bi...
a b B Homebuilt system
June 6, 2011 3:08:30 AM

ah my bad on the 560. In the card name nowhere does it say 560ti, just 560. I would make doubly sure though. That seems aweful cheap for an OC'd 560ti.

For SSD, DO NOT get the E series vertex 2. Those have been proven to have major reliability issues.

For a case, check out the CM 690 II or HAF 922. I like them both.
June 6, 2011 3:10:45 AM

The second case is the way to go. And Striker you came in a bit late (read my post) with the proof.
June 6, 2011 3:11:46 AM

Who knows the card could be refurbished.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 6, 2011 3:27:17 AM

I did come in late, but I see no proof. Specification sheets tell nothing about real world performance.
June 6, 2011 6:52:17 AM

Okay, so for the case I think I'll go with:
http://umart.com.au/pro/products_review.phtml?id=10&bid...
This should eliminate the need for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Universal Cooler if I'm not overclocking, right?

And the video card shouldn't be refurbished or anything. It is between $20-70 cheaper than the other 560 Ti's though. Not sure why, hopefully its just a good deal and not a crappy card, right? This is the specs on it:

http://umart.com.au/pro/products_review.phtml?id=10&bid...

If anyone recommends a better one from the list I put above, feel free to let me know, and tell me why.

I think I've got the SSD figured out, but any last opinions welcome. I need to install Windows 7 (20GB) + Adobe Production Premium (16GB). So this only puts me at 36GB so far. Would the Intel X25-M 80GB 2.5" MLC G2 SSD be good enough for that? I'm trying to save money and just upgrade later. So for now the 80GB Intel is only $209. That fits my budget much nicer. Opinions?
a b B Homebuilt system
June 6, 2011 7:15:04 AM

The haf 922 is an excellent case.
Why are you getting the 2500k if you have no plans to overclock? Also, why Z68 if not using the SSD caching? You could save a large chunk of $$ by dropping to a H67 board and the i5-2400. It's the same setup, just gets rid of what you don't need. However, I would advise you get the 2500k and DO overclock. It's very, very easy to overclock nowadays. Also very safe.

That 80GB intel will do just fine. It's very fast, hence the price.

The GPU does appear to be a 560ti. I would get it. If it turns out to be a 560, just email the company saying you received an incorrect product due to false advertising. I doubt you'll need to, but it's something to keep in mind.
June 6, 2011 7:41:06 AM

striker410 said:
The haf 922 is an excellent case.
Why are you getting the 2500k if you have no plans to overclock? Also, why Z68 if not using the SSD caching? You could save a large chunk of $$ by dropping to a H67 board and the i5-2400. It's the same setup, just gets rid of what you don't need. However, I would advise you get the 2500k and DO overclock. It's very, very easy to overclock nowadays. Also very safe.

That 80GB intel will do just fine. It's very fast, hence the price.

The GPU does appear to be a 560ti. I would get it. If it turns out to be a 560, just email the company saying you received an incorrect product due to false advertising. I doubt you'll need to, but it's something to keep in mind.


I'm getting the i7 2600k. First off, it has Hyperthreading, which will help a lot for what I'm using. Also, I'm going to overclock eventually, just not immediately. I would love to overclock the 2600k to even 4.2 or something stable, but I don't know if thats something a newbie like me should be messing with. Yet another topic I'd like advice on.

I'm getting the Z68 because it allows Quick Sync. I don't really honestly even know what SSD caching is, lol. I'm really not that well educated about computers, hence the reason I'm asking for help.
June 6, 2011 10:51:09 AM

Striker that is the worst lie I have EVER heard O.C is not safe. I've had a 912 there horrible the light burnt out within a week.
June 6, 2011 12:38:39 PM

I know overclocking isn't the safest thing in the world, but I think a i7 2600k could easily handle around 4.0-4.2 without any issues. Like I said, not looking to do this immediately, but in the future until I feel comfortable doing it.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 6, 2011 3:04:55 PM

addison said:
Striker that is the worst lie I have EVER heard O.C is not safe. I've had a 912 there horrible the light burnt out within a week.


Lol, do a little research before you call me a liar. You obviously have NO idea what you are talking about.

OP, There is really only 2 way to kill a chip. Overvolting and heat. With a good cooler, you have no worries about heat. Just keep monitoring it. Besides, most chips will force shutdowns before the CPU gets too hot.
As for overvolting, just don't mess with the voltage and you will be fine.

But seriously Addison, do a little research before slandering me ok?
June 6, 2011 8:08:00 PM

I don't need any research, my bro worked for intel. Maybe you do. A cpu can easily break by the pin of it shorting out, just because your a "veteran" means nothing. Infact when he breaks a item in his pc I sure hope he blames you.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 6, 2011 8:32:05 PM

wow, no need to be agressive. It's ok, there's nothing wrong with being wrong :p 

OP, I'm sure the entire forum will back me up on this. Overclocking has never been easier than with the new K series CPU's. In fact, many boards have a built in option in the bios for one click overclocking.

It's not something to worry about right now, just know that the option is there and it's easy and safe.
June 6, 2011 8:57:27 PM

He doesn't need a i7 k a i5k will do fine.
June 6, 2011 9:57:42 PM

addison said:
He doesn't need a i7 k a i5k will do fine.


I'm getting the i7 2600k for hyperthreading.

I know, overclocking is safer with the Sandy Bridge chips than with most others, but obiously you CAN mess stuff up if you don't know what you're doing, hence why I'm not trying it yet. I think it can be very safely done if you are smart about it though. So thats my plan with it, just use the comp as is, and when I feel like it finally needs a boost, then start learning about overclocking.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 6, 2011 10:00:38 PM

Alright. Are we set then? Get the final build figured out?
June 6, 2011 10:36:53 PM

striker410 said:
Alright. Are we set then? Get the final build figured out?


I think so! Here's what I have now:

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 SATA II 7200RPM 32M – $59.00
LG W2343T-PF 23 Wide 5ms Full HD DVI-D Tilt – $159.00
LG H22NS50 SATA 22X+- Super Multi DVDR Black with Software – $29.00
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 Mouse w BlueTrack Retail – $69.00
G Skill 8G(2x4G) DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 RL 9-9-9-24(CL9D-8GBRL) – $105.00
SilverStone ST60F-P 600W PSU 80+ – $99.00
Gigabyte GTX560Ti OC 1G GDDR5 PCIE DualLink DVI - $230
Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155 3.4GHz CPU – $329.00
CoolerMaster RC-922M-KWNI HAF Black w Side Panel - $145
ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Z68 4xDDR3 3*PCIex16 GBL RAID DVI HDMI DS - $210
Intel X25-M 80GB 2.5" MLC G2 Solid State Hard Drive - $209
Dell UltraSharp U2410 – LCD display – TFT – 24" – $528

Total $2170


I think we've finally got it, unless there's any recommendations for a better HDD than the Samsung F3? Which reminds me, I should probably get an extra 2TB HDD for storage & backup. Any recommendations? I was thinking maybe one of these:

Western Digital CaviarGreen 2TB 64MB SATA III - $89
Samsung 2TB Spinpoint F3/4EG EcoGreen HDD 32M - $95

Any other recommendations ~$100 welcome, though.


June 6, 2011 10:54:18 PM

A 528$ monitor! You can get a HD tv that is 32 inches for that much and it still look good. Plus do you really need a new mouse or keyboard?
a b B Homebuilt system
June 6, 2011 11:08:05 PM

Not sure where you are buying that HAF 922, but it's usually $99, you make want to shop around a little.

Also, you might want to look into IPS monitors. They display color more accurately than just a plain LCD, which is why I assume you went TFT. They run around $250 on the cheaper side here.
June 6, 2011 11:56:18 PM

addison said:
A 528$ monitor! You can get a HD tv that is 32 inches for that much and it still look good. Plus do you really need a new mouse or keyboard?


Of course I could have got something way BIGGER for that price, but thats by far the best monitor I could have got. Its a super high quality IPS monitor which will be perfect for picture editing. Yes a HDTV would have been big and looked good for basic stuff, but when it comes to printing $4,000-8,000 wedding albums, I need the color on my monitor to be as accurate and clear as possible.

As for the mouse and keyboard. I have NOTHING. I moved to Australia with just my laptop, so yeah, unfortunately I can't salvage parts like keyboard, CD-ROM, etc., from an old computer :( 
June 7, 2011 12:00:18 AM

striker410 said:
Not sure where you are buying that HAF 922, but it's usually $99, you make want to shop around a little.

Also, you might want to look into IPS monitors. They display color more accurately than just a plain LCD, which is why I assume you went TFT. They run around $250 on the cheaper side here.


I'm in Australia, so everything is way more expensive unfortunately. The prices I listed are about as good as you're going to get down here. I'm used to American prices too, trust me, its hard to adjust, lol.

Any advice on the HDD?
a b B Homebuilt system
June 7, 2011 2:52:25 AM

SirSavage said:
I'm in Australia, so everything is way more expensive unfortunately. The prices I listed are about as good as you're going to get down here. I'm used to American prices too, trust me, its hard to adjust, lol.

Any advice on the HDD?


For a storage HDD, either of the ones you listed is fine. However since you have the cash, get A 7200RPM 2TB one. It will be significantly faster.
June 7, 2011 11:39:35 AM

striker410 said:
For a storage HDD, either of the ones you listed is fine. However since you have the cash, get A 7200RPM 2TB one. It will be significantly faster.


Alright so maybe I'll go with the Hitachi 2TB SATA 7200RPM 64M for $120? Oh also, one thing that worried me...

I read this review on newegg regarding the motherboard I selected.


"There was some mechanical interference between the heat sink backplate and the cutout in the motherboard tray of the 922 HAF case. Apparently the CPU socket on this MB is not positioned where Cooler Master expected it to be. But the insulation tape on the backplate kept me out of trouble. I'm not sure if this is unique to this MB or if all 1155 MBs might have this problem in the 922 HAF case."

Is this something I should be concerned with before I order that case?
June 7, 2011 8:53:51 PM

Don't get it I wouldn't trust Striker. I've had the case and had the same problem,get a different case.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 7, 2011 8:59:38 PM

addison said:
Don't get it I wouldn't trust Striker. I've had the case and had the same problem,get a different case.



LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Discrete.

And when have you had the case? Apparently you've had the HAF 912, the HAF 922, and your current ultra blaster? Nice try. Let me know when you talk about what YOU own.
Also, I didn't tell him to get the case after he posted about the issue, did I? No, I didn't.

OP, It does sound like a legitimate issue. I would check out some other excellent cases around that price range.

Antec 900

NZXT Phantom

CoolerMaster 690 II

Corsair 600T
June 7, 2011 10:50:33 PM

Well I have. Sold them on ebay FYI.
June 7, 2011 10:51:17 PM

striker410 said:


OP, It does sound like a legitimate issue. I would check out some other excellent cases around that price range.

Antec 900

NZXT Phantom

CoolerMaster 690 II

Corsair 600T


Alright, awesome. The NZXT is well over $200 here, as is the 600T. I was looking at the Antec 900 and found the Antec Nine Hundred Two Ver3.0 Black Gaming Case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-129-...

Looks pretty solid. Only complaints are about the front USB ports, which sucks because I would definitely use them. But it seems to be a common problem among many cases. Only other option might be the CoolerMaster RC-932-KKNI HAF Black Case. Not sure if it would have the same problem as the 922 though.

!