Graphic card Dont work

CindyTranx3

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
i recent purchased a AX6850 2.0 x16 graphic card and it has no signal on my monitor. my motherboard PCI E 1.0x16 Motherboard name A8M2N-LA. i am running on integrated graphic card. i also tried uninstalling the integrated graphic card then installing the AX6850 graphic card with its software. and yes my psu is 800watts. can someone please help thank you very much of your time.

Solution
i think the 6850 is too new for your old motherboard. also, despite what the box says all 6xxx series are pcie 2.1 cards, which sometimes have problems in 1.x slots. from a quick search it looks like its a HP motherboard made by asus. HP motherboards are always very limited. your best bet is to find a BIOS update and try that. Also go into BIOS setup and disable onboard gfx if you can, or set PCIE slot as primary display. Also make sure you have plugged in the auxillary power connector.
i think the 6850 is too new for your old motherboard. also, despite what the box says all 6xxx series are pcie 2.1 cards, which sometimes have problems in 1.x slots. from a quick search it looks like its a HP motherboard made by asus. HP motherboards are always very limited. your best bet is to find a BIOS update and try that. Also go into BIOS setup and disable onboard gfx if you can, or set PCIE slot as primary display. Also make sure you have plugged in the auxillary power connector.

Solution