tecra 8100 no boot

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 3, 2005 1:28:03 PM

My Toshiba Tecra 8100 completely fails to boot. It does not even reach
the Toshiba splash screen. There is some activity namely the HDD led
comes on briefy and you can here the CD rom power up but then HDD led
goes out and computer on led remains on with no further activity.
Pressing the reset button just repeats the whole process.
Pressing and holding power button for 5 secs does power down the
machine.
Pressing power button with F12 depressed sometimes gets to the upgrade
BIOS screen but sometimes the screen is garbled with random characters.
Any ideas would be greatfully recieved
Thanks
Tony

More about : tecra 8100 boot

June 3, 2005 8:44:14 PM

tonydix@worldonline.co.uk wrote:
: My Toshiba Tecra 8100 completely fails to boot. It does not even reach
: the Toshiba splash screen. There is some activity namely the HDD led
: comes on briefy and you can here the CD rom power up but then HDD led
: goes out and computer on led remains on with no further activity.
: Pressing the reset button just repeats the whole process.
: Pressing and holding power button for 5 secs does power down the
: machine.
: Pressing power button with F12 depressed sometimes gets to the upgrade
: BIOS screen but sometimes the screen is garbled with random characters.
: Any ideas would be greatfully recieved

Bad memory chip? Could be a lot of things. Getting the service manual
for the laptop would help - there are probably diagnostic procedures in
there.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----
October 28, 2009 1:30:36 PM

hey Andrew,mine is not a reply but a question coz my laptop has the exact problem as yours had.tell me,how did you resolve it.
!