chesteracorgi

Distinguished
Ladies and Gentlemen.

One topic that I believe need a new thread is the topic of cooling. This topic is, I think, neglected and of great value to the members of this forum. Lots of members will chime in on CPU cooling and a few will do it on GPU cooling; but this ignores the fact that cooling is a meta issue that effects system building, stability, longevity and overclocking.

I have been building rigs since 1996 and have learned a lot by trial and error. Most of the rigs I have built are still running. I hope that the administrrators or this forum will see the value in establish a new thread to address this issue and invite comments on this as a topic worthy of focus.

With all due humility I invite comments on establishing this as a thread.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished

Not only good, but essential. Want to avoid crashing? Cool. Want to keep your system running? Cool. The maximum overclocking are on liquid helium. The greatest fail rates are on hot systems. The problem with the GTX 470: it runs hot. The problem with almost any system failure: heat. Yes, components fail because of manufacturing mistakes. But most electronic failures are because of overheating. I advocate a thread because it is one of the neglected topics.

mgf derp

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
I would agree that a Cooling section would be useful. Subsections should be established too such as: CPU,GPU,Case or Air, Liquid,Case. Imho I don't think Tom's needs an extreme cooling section we can just redirect those people and anyways those who ask for that kinda thing probably know where to go to get the info. Just my .02

chesteracorgi

Distinguished

I agree.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished

Thank you for your feedback. If they decide it is not worthy of a thread, it is their decision.