Windows 7 - TS CAL issue

kerry_75

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Hello,

I have an at home user that is running Windows 7 and using RDP to connect to Server2000. There are no problems with her connection, but every 90 days I have to go into her registry and delete the MSlicensing folder to regenerate a CAL. We have plenty of licenses available, why would this machine always be issued a temporary CAL - why isn't is getting a permanent CAL? Any guidance would be appreciated - Thank you!

kerry_75

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks for responding - I don't seem to have a problem with any other machines though. If the licensing server was not communicating with the server then I would have more machines with this problem.

dannyII

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Hi, I had the same issue. I have not found the correct solution yet, but a little time warp simulation works as the TS license server checks the license expiration date only.
I had stopped lserver service, renamed tlslic.edb, set server´s date to year 2042, started lserver, let connected the W7H client who obtained "temporary" CAL, disconnected and restored the correct date.
License server remained activated, clients with permanent CAL can connect without any change but their license is not shown in the TS license manager. After deleting the registry key they are restored