Status
Not open for further replies.

alluri

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
TO Nikorr & guys,

I had discussion before regarding MO-Bo's for my I7 2600K
After some reading & advise here i decided to get ASUS Saberbooth Z77

My friend im getting the Chipset from said he's having I7 2600K X68.
First i didnt know there was an X68 ( thought it was Z68)
Or i think if i was totally wrong and sorry for the ignorance....

Also with features on Asus SABERTOOTH-Z77 ($260) & P8Z77-V-Pro ($229) ( Prices are here in Sydney where im gonna get the parts from )

If im not wrong again - Saberbooth doesnt have the onboard Wi-Fi feature which is helpful for me
If thats the case my final decision would be P8Z77-V-Pro....

If im confusing myself and you too " My question is : Will I7 2600K X68 work fit ASUS P8Z77-V-Pro Mo-Bo "

I have the rest of the parts

Patriot Viper 2 6GB (2GB X 3) DDR# 1600 ( Intel 1366PIN only )
HIS 1GB 5770 PCI-E VGA Card
Seasonic S12II-520W -PSU
Case : Coolermaster HAF932

this Rig's old Mo-Bo Gigabyte X58A UD3R is faulty - nd in process of replacement - takes 2 months he says as they are decommisioned

More details are on thred "Urgent suggestion needed for Mo-Bo "

Thnx for reading
Any reply is greatly helpful ( even suggestions that "i should do more research will do " )

Solution

Yep alluri,

That's the one @...
Correct, Saberbooth doesnt have the onboard Wi-Fi feature.

P8Z77-V PRO has ASUS Wi-Fi GO!

- Wi-Fi GO! Function: DLNA Media Hub, Smart Motion Control, Remote Desktop, Remote Keyboard & Mouse, File Transfer, Capture & Send *8
- Wi-Fi GO! Remote for portable Smartphone/Tablet, supporting iOS & Android systems
- Wi-Fi Engine for network sharing and connection: Client Mode, AP Mode

I would suggest to get an after market CPU cooler,

so u can OC to get 4.5GHz with ease : )

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler
35-103-065-TS

alluri

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Bful, thnx - P8Z77-V PRO it is then - about RAM i have
Patriot Viper 2 6GB (2GB X 3) DDR3 1600 ( Intel 1366PIN only )
so im guessing it wont FIT ???
I already have the after market beast cooler "Noctua NHD14"

If that's the one, as fpoon posted, that one will fit, but since it is @ 1.65V, it voids the CPU warranty.

U can get a new one like this.

I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile. And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196
Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
20-233-186-TS

alluri

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Thnx for the suggestions, i did fond out from my invoice a serial number or such for my current RAM -

Patriot Viper2 6GB Kit (2G X ) " PV736G1600ELK " DDR3 1600

http://patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=5&catid=34&prodgroupid=197&id=968&type=1

Hope this helps !!!

And also yes - i have a "Noctua NHD-14 " CPU cooler - its beast of size cooler - and not sure if i could fit with the Mo-Bo "P8Z77-V PRO" and my current RAM - as the Mo-Bo heat sinks around the CPU looks like my cooler is going to have issues...

Either way can i use my RAM though mentioned above - as i might have to wait a month again if new RAM - ( have to wait to get PAID !!! :(((

Yep alluri,

That's the one @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220503

Its 1.65V and I don't think it will fit. At least not the first one.

20-220-503-TS

Solution

alluri

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Pfffff ! Aight then

Looks like new RAM too then - My old board had a tight fit aswell - what i did for the first one is I raised the FAN up a little bit so the first RAM can FIT.

What im worried is about the fact u mentioned that 1.65V is gonna VOID the warranty ! so i probably have to look into that ?? or if i can somehow lower it untill i get the NEW RAM.

If not im gonna have to look get those CORSAIR Vengeance RAM u mentioned - looks good and fits with no issues - ( initially thought of G-SKILL Ripjaw - but may be both are the same )

Can wait to finish this RIG

ill use those old RAM - Mo-Bo to rebuild by old RIG and have both of them lighting my room

Hey if i decide to go for a different CPU case for my new RIG ( initially i thought of Coolermaster Cosmos 2 ) but getting pulled over those DANGER DEN "see through glass kind of cases " what do u think of a new case ? its kind of diff and looks good in my room..

alluri

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Yap its good - fantastic design - probably will wait out for a month or so and get it ( cosmos II ) and yap will get the RAM too this week - thnx for all the replies -

Ur Awesomness is always appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.