Solved

$1000 Gaming PC Need Help!!!?

Help me out guys.... i need a big update for my pc n finally i'm gettin it and i need your help in choosing it cause i'm kind of a newbie to gaming pc's i have no chosen parts but i have listed some parts that i'd like to use..... but your opinion is valued....

core i5 2500k cpu
nvedia gtx 470
p67 motheboard


Approximate Purchase Date: within next three months

Budget Range: 750 1250 Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Programming stuff, entertainment

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, sound card, monitor, speakers, rom drives, hard drives

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg ibuypower

Country of Origin: US newyork

Parts Preferences: intel CPU, Nvedia graphics doesn't matter if its evga etc but needs to be nvedia

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: i'm need it enough to play GTA IV, COD 6,7,8,9
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1000 gaming help
  1. Well youve already chosen most of the stuff important for gaming, just add 8GB of RAM and a ~550W PSU and youre pretty much set i think. Just one thing, it's reccomended to stick to known brands for these, for RAM try G.Skill, Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin. For PSU's, Corsair, Antec, OCZ, XFX, Seasonic.
  2. well i'm in sri lanka now there's a shortage of hardware here
    so i'm going with a
    core i5 2500
    intel P67 motherboard
    G.Skill ripjaws-x 4GB (2*2GB) Ram @1333MHz
    Evga GTX 460 SC (i can't find a normal 460 or a 470 so I'm gonna have to overclock it i read some reviews n after you OC it's pretty much the same)
    Inwin Fanqua mid tower ATX case
    Inwin commander 750W PSU

    n i'm not going to OC the CPU, will the stock cooler for the CPU be enough to keep it cool?
  3. Best answer
    Yes definitely. If youre not going to overclock though, p67 and 2500k are a huge waste of money. Better off going with i5-2400 and H61 if youre not overclocking.
  4. I know you said you don't want to sli, but it's worth getting a mobo that can manage it if you want to do it in the future. 2 460's are a great combo.
  5. lucifer609 said:
    well i'm in sri lanka now there's a shortage of hardware here



    Hey yo! :bounce: Sri Lanka is where it's at! You haven't looked hard enough!


    Go ask Redline. They had the following on offer.

    i5 2500.
    Asus P67 (not sure the exact model but cost around 25k). H67 costs around 20k, which might be a better option if you don't OC.
    They got the whole range of Corsair memory - 4 gigs of XMS3 1600MHz costs like under 7k.
    GTX560Ti for 30k (I'm sure you're getting the GTX460SC from TZ for the same price).
    A range of CM coolers starting at 3k for the Hyper 212+.


    Try giving em a buzz. :kaola:
  6. jmsellars1 said:
    Yes definitely. If youre not going to overclock though, p67 and 2500k are a huge waste of money. Better off going with i5-2400 and H61 if youre not overclocking.


    yeah thats's my back-up for now, but i also heard that H61 n H67 lacks discrete graphic support is it true? if i used a P67

    http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=50086 [this is the board the got]

    will it be too much?
  7. Zero_ said:
    Hey yo! :bounce: Sri Lanka is where it's at! You haven't looked hard enough!
    :


    Hey thanks i'll give them a buzz i heard they are good, i looked all over PCH, TZ, Barclys, etc but i couldn't find a single P67 after market n the ones that I've found are way more overpriced series processor that's why i choose to go with something a little less expensive now n buy a good one later....... :ange:
  8. grody said:
    I know you said you don't want to sli, but it's worth getting a mobo that can manage it if you want to do it in the future. 2 460's are a great combo.

    yeah what you are saying is true i'm gonna buy a SLI ready MB if i'm going to buy a K series processor
  9. lucifer609 said:
    yeah thats's my back-up for now, but i also heard that H61 n H67 lacks discrete graphic support is it true? if i used a P67

    http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=50086 [this is the board the got]

    will it be too much?


    No, H61/67 lack SLI / CF support, and lack non-discrete graphics support if i remember correctly.

    You HAVE to get a graphics card with them, and only one.
  10. Best answer selected by lucifer609.
  11. H61 lacks CF/SLI support, H67 does not support processor overclocking (as does H61) and P67 lacks integrated graphics support. Z68 has everything, plus more.
  12. I think you can overclock on H61/67, you just can't change the voltage so you just can't overclock far.
  13. jmsellars1 said:
    I think you can overclock on H61/67, you just can't change the voltage so you just can't overclock far.


    ya i'm going with the H61 with i5 2400 4GB of ram and a GTX 550ti
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product