Sign in with
Your question

Joining wired and wireless network

Last response: in Networking
August 26, 2010 6:23:53 PM

Hello,
I have this wired network up and running and now I to add a wireless router. I can share internet without problems. The only thing is that to access shared resources on other computers(i.e. printer and folders) I have to access through IP number. Is there a way to solve it? I use a Linux as the network server with squid and dhpcd.
August 26, 2010 7:57:12 PM

Hook the wireless router up, disable DHCP on it. Connect it into any port and you'll be good to go. You can static assign an IP on it or you can let it get DHCP from your linux box.

You're stuck using the IP address unless you want to use WINS or DNS. Since you're using DHCP off linux, you should configure WINS at least. DNS can be updated by DHCP too. Not sure what linux uses for DNS but that's a simple google search.
m
l
Anonymous
August 30, 2010 11:41:26 AM

Thanks for sharing your findings, I found them very insightful and helpful.
Great site, very helpful; discovered your blog a couple of months ago and keep coming back, the forum just makes it even better
----------------------------------

Caravan Club Insurance
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
October 7, 2010 11:25:05 PM

I am sure I wouldn't have got even close to getting this right. But I have and thought I'd share... I have a Mac Mini and connect to the internet ...you can connect with me if u want.

Sam

<a href="http://www.insurancecaravan.info" rel="dofollow">Caravan Insurance Quotes</a>
m
l
October 20, 2010 11:12:01 AM

hello sir/madam, good evening......
Whether a complete failure or an intermittent problem, CPUs rarely fail. However, if it does fail, it is most commonly as a result of some sort of electrical anomaly such as a power surge, brown out or spilling a Pepsi on it and causing a short. A faulty CPU, memory or motherboard may be impossible to distinguish. They each can cause some of the same symptoms. The symptoms may repeat frequently or infrequently. The same problem may repeat or you may get a variety of strange behaviors.

Cheap Caravan Insurance
m
l
!