Sign in with
Your question

Xbox won't connect to the internet via wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
December 2, 2010 1:11:48 AM

Hello, I'm having trouble connecting my XBox 360 to the internet. The self test shows everything is working except the internet connection. I've been connected before but suddenly it won't connect anymore. Any ideas?
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 10:58:55 PM

Quote:
Hello, I'm having trouble connecting my XBox 360 to the internet. The self test shows everything is working except the internet connection. I've been connected before but suddenly it won't connect anymore. Any ideas?

first thing i would do unplug your router for 30 secs then plug it back in wait 5 mins for it to reconnect to your service provider , check on a computer that it has a internet connection then try and connect , if it fails there could be a few other casues first one could be the firewall on the router blocking it "If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox LIVE. This configuration change is sometimes called “opening ports” or "port forwarding".

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Note If you cannot chat with someone using Video Kinect, you might need to open port 1863 (UDP and TCP)."

2nd try changing your wifi channel it uses on the router and if your wifi password is a wep key try chaning it to a wpa

3rd reboot your wirelesss router and or restore factory settings on the network settings section , which reset the xbox network settings

m
l
September 9, 2012 10:07:03 AM

Quote:
first thing i would do unplug your router for 30 secs then plug it back in wait 5 mins for it to reconnect to your service provider , check on a computer that it has a internet connection then try and connect , if it fails there could be a few other casues first one could be the firewall on the router blocking it "If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox LIVE. This configuration change is sometimes called “opening ports” or "port forwarding".

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Note If you cannot chat with someone using Video Kinect, you might need to open port 1863 (UDP and TCP)."

2nd try changing your wifi channel it uses on the router and if your wifi password is a wep key try chaning it to a wpa

3rd reboot your wirelesss router and or restore factory settings on the network settings section , which reset the xbox network settings

Hi ?, Thanks for this info all look pretty straight forward, though once in 'port forwarding' what service do I select..???
m
l
!