Shorting or something

BrokenWind

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hey all,

I recently had a problem with my cpu, but that was fixed with help of your great advice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=28&post=312534&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

But now I have another problem......

While I was using the computer when suddenly the screen flickered and so did the laser of the optical mouse I have. When it stopped flickering, the monitor was frozen and there was no response from the mouse or keyboard. All the fans in the case were still running and everything was seemed to be running fine.

So I rebooted, and it was working fine for a few seconds then the same thing happend again. And now the darn thing isn't displaying anything on the monitor again.
I can't help but think its something to do with the power supply. I don't reckon that it has to do with the wall connection, cause everything is plugged into an AVR.

Any ideas as to why this is happening??

AbdullahG

Distinguished
I would assume it's your GPU since it's a display issue. If you are using a discrete GPU, try using the motherboard VGA/DVI/HDMI/etc. port instead. If you are using an integrated GPU, use a discrete GPU (borrow one from a friend, use an old one, or just buy a cheap one that works).