SaintKr0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
So I get a no input signal with my m8530f HP with the VGA cable connected to the motherboard at startup and with the hdmi cable connected to my seperate 9300 nvidia card at startup. The monitor will then go to sleep. I've checked the monitor with the VGA cable and my laptop, it works fine. I'm leaning toward the motherboard or power supply after reading a few posts, but I would like some specific help with this problem. I have a DMM and no fear about cracking the shell. I got fans running, hard drive spinning, I've disconnected and reconnected every card and connector in the box. I also have a green light on the back of my power supply, and that is the end of my knowledge. help me thank you

So I'm not clear what the problem is and when it all started.

Do you have two monitors or one? Do you have HDMI and VGA connected to one monitor?

Have you tried disconnecting the HDMI cable and setting BIOS to use Integrated graphics first?

Sorry, just a bit confused.

SaintKr0

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

It all started today when I decided to disassemble and clean it. I reassembled everything correctly, its hard not to, then booted it up only to get a window saying no input signal, the recommended screen size, and then the monitor goes to sleep. I had it hooked up with the HDMI cable from the same monitor x2207h to the 9300 nvidia card slotted onto my motherboard. This is the setup I always use. After a few restarts I decided to try using the built in card on the motherboard that uses a VGA connection which my same monitor also supports (I bought this whole setup as a package) . So I disconnected the 9300 nvidia card from the motherboard and hooked up my monitor via the VGA cable and motherboard card, same message. no input signal, recommended size, and monitor went night night after two seconds. I know this setup works because I've done it before with this exact system the last time my nvidia card went bad and I had to get a replacement through HP(back when it was under warranty). I can't see anything to be able to mess with the bios. I get that message I stated before, then a black screen. I tried to blindly change the settings for bios the way posted on HP support, but to no avail. I spent about an hour on the phone with a buddy of mine who coached me through a little diag which consisted of disconnecting everything, even ram sticks and the hard drive. There is still nothing on screen. No post, no count, nothing saying "hey there isn't a hard drive", nothing, just the no signal input window, followed by the monitor going to sleep window. I've got my DMM here and measured volts DC coming from the red wires from the power supply to the motherboard. Every one is at 5.07vDC and the only things hooked up during this are the motherboard, power supply, VGA cable(which connects to the motherboards internal video card that supports an 8600 or 8400, and the fans) My on/off switch connects to the power supply through the motherboard so I am probing the back of the connector with it still connected. And thats as far as I've got.

TRENDING THREADS