Helpp plzz.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
hi guys..

my build is an i5-2500, 6gb kingston ram, intel dh61ww mobo http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dh61ww.html
and no gpu..

the problem is that, when i start my p.c.. after showing the mobo brand (as it always do), i.e intel, and that widows 7 loading thing.. for a couple of seconds the l.c.d monitor displays "power mode on" as the screen goes black.. but immediately after that, the p.c and the windows run normally...
do i have a problem in my mobo??? (i have never altered the bios settings)
plz help me out as this thing never happened to me before...

regards..
m.b.m

Solution
Around here we usually stick pretty strictly to the idea of matching sticks. However many there are they should all be identical.

There is, however, no super good reason to stick strictly to that. Laptops commonly mix and they work well enough for the millions of people that use them.

It may not be... optimal... that way, but usable and useful it is. As un-traditional as it is, 6 is still better than 4.

If one stick was wildly slower than the other, as if one was 800 mhz and the other was 1600 mhz, then it would be a good idea to take out the slower one because the computer makes both equal to the slowest.

Otherwise, it is fine to mix even if it makes us cringe.

Per your question to tryanthboth, I don't think it really indicates...
Not sure why it would do that, but it doesn't sound like it is hurting anything.

It probably really thinks that going into power save mode for a couple seconds will benefit you.

You could probably change the sensitivity of that in the BIOS, but I don't know because the board is pretty old.

axtenar

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I recommend removing the VGA and clean up the pcie slut (if you have air-blower) after that uninstall the driver and install them again (you must download the latest drivers)

im sure your problem will be solved.

muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

is it something to be worried about the psu or the video card? or shall i just ignore it?

Around here we usually stick pretty strictly to the idea of matching sticks. However many there are they should all be identical.

There is, however, no super good reason to stick strictly to that. Laptops commonly mix and they work well enough for the millions of people that use them.

It may not be... optimal... that way, but usable and useful it is. As un-traditional as it is, 6 is still better than 4.

If one stick was wildly slower than the other, as if one was 800 mhz and the other was 1600 mhz, then it would be a good idea to take out the slower one because the computer makes both equal to the slowest.

Otherwise, it is fine to mix even if it makes us cringe.

Per your question to tryanthboth, I don't think it really indicates a problem. You can probably ignore it pretty safely until such a time in the future that it actually affects how you use the computer. If at some point the monitor doesn't come back on afterwards, that would be a good time to worry.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.