Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte P35-Ds3L problen. Please help.

Last response: in Motherboards
May 19, 2012 9:58:01 PM

I have a P35-DS3L motherboard and I am having a problem with restarts that I belive i have narrowed down to the motherboard.

I have noticed that the ATX voltage fluctuates quite a bit. When it drops below 11.4 sometimes 11.0 it hard resets. now I am using easytune6 to watch the voltage and i have a very nice multimeter connected to the other ATX 12v plug comming from the PSU.

Under load the voltage drops and rises and drops and rises however some times it drops too low and the system hard resets. I use fur mark to put it under load.

The multimeter reads a solid 12.27 and easytune right now is reading 12.23
however when i but it under a load the voltage drops alot on easy tune where the PSU doesn't even flinch. Now i do know that the votage will drop some but no more then 3-5% which it is.

Now for the questions.
Is my suspicions correct, assuming the motherboard is bad?
Is there a way to test the NorthBridge voltage to see if its regulating corectly?
Could it be something else that im missing?
May 19, 2012 11:52:42 PM

OK new info the CPU and The GPU have had time to warm up and the problem has seemed to have stoped.

Also i have unpluged one of the case fans as well. Maybe there was a problem with it? which wouldnt make sence because it was pluged straight into the PSU.
m
l
!