GTX 5xx Price Performance Suggestions

eshwar_andhavarapu

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
So, I've got a simple question that I'd really like an answer to. Hope people dont mind. I'll number the combinations below and could someone tell me best to worst price-performance ratio wise. I know the absolute performance ranking. But when price comes in things change...

So:

1. GTX 570 SLI
2. GTX 560 SLI
3. GTX 580
4. GTX 570
5. GTX 560 Ti

So what's the best price-performance option here? Otherwise do suggest a website where I can chek?

CAnt remember the name of that website where they put price on one axis and performance on the other. Top right is most money most performance. Top left is above average performance and bottom right is below average...

Please help?

eshwar_andhavarapu

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009

Haven't built a system yet. If its single card i can consider an amd based system, but if sli i am limited to intel :(! so the graphics setup determines the rest

What i want to use it for, 1. gpu based computing
and 2. games!

resolution wise i'd like to maybe try dabbling with 2 1080p monitors before moving to a full blown wide angle setup. not particular on 3d. but for now lets work with running games at 1080p full settings everything maxed out and having some left for the future.

budget, kinda flexible so cant put a number. Outside USA so the usual prices wont apply to me either :(!

eshwar_andhavarapu

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
As much as i'm an Nvidia fanboy i can't recommend the 570 to anyone because of it's limited Vram.

The best "Bang for your buck" these days is a pair of 2GB sapphire reference 6950's that unlock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102914&cm_re=HD_6950-_-14-102-914-_-Product

Also an nvidia fanboy! but cant get myself to buy AMD stuff as much as they're really really good nowadays!! plus CUDA... GTX580 is just so tempting, but something tells me GTX570 is better bang for buck there. or 560 even! what are your suggestions for single monitor 1080p full maxed settings gaming for near near future? what'd do?