Best Pinball game?

Darn,
I was just reading about this, but my server doesn't have the post anymore!
I looked at Nintendo Power at the store and their review of the new Mario
Pinball wasn't very good. They said it seemed like a bunch of mini-games...
I am playing Leaf Green right now and was wondering if I would like Pokemon
Pinball? I am looking for one that has variety and where the screen does NOT
scroll! Those games usually make me sick and I lose the ball when the screen
scrolls!
If the pokemon game has you catching pokemon on different tables, etc, I
might like it!
Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about best pinball game

    > Darn,
    > I was just reading about this, but my server doesn't have the post
    anymore!
    > I looked at Nintendo Power at the store and their review of the new Mario
    > Pinball wasn't very good. They said it seemed like a bunch of
    mini-games...
    > I am playing Leaf Green right now and was wondering if I would like
    Pokemon
    > Pinball? I am looking for one that has variety and where the screen does
    NOT
    > scroll! Those games usually make me sick and I lose the ball when the
    screen
    > scrolls!
    > If the pokemon game has you catching pokemon on different tables, etc, I
    > might like it!
    > Thanks!

    The screen scrolls up and down and follows the ball, but it doesn't look
    _too_ bad from the videos on Gamespot.

    If you're looking for a pinball game that doesn't scroll, I'd actually
    recommend Kirby's Pinball Land for the original Game Boy. I have occasional
    bouts with addiction to it, though they've slowed down a bit now that I
    can't beat my 12,000,000+ scores (that's about 2 hours of play, BTW!).
    Anybody else played KPL?
    --
    //mike tyndall
    C++ programmer and game designer (not professionally)

    Dreams5 wrote:
    > Darn,
    > I was just reading about this, but my server doesn't have the post
    > anymore! I looked at Nintendo Power at the store and their review of
    > the new Mario Pinball wasn't very good. They said it seemed like a
    > bunch of mini-games... I am playing Leaf Green right now and was
    > wondering if I would like Pokemon Pinball? I am looking for one that
    > has variety and where the screen does NOT scroll! Those games usually
    > make me sick and I lose the ball when the screen scrolls!
    > If the pokemon game has you catching pokemon on different tables,
    > etc, I might like it!
    > Thanks!

    I don't know if there ~is~ a GBA-only pinball game that doesn't scroll.

    Anyway, I have it on good authority :-) that Pinball Challenge Deluxe is the
    pick of the lot, but if you're put off by scrolling then you'll probably
    have a bad reaction towards this one. It's fast and scrolls relentlessly.

    Pokemon Pinball might be worth considering. Personally I found it to be
    rather dull but I have to say that it's solid. What it does, it does well.
    Sure it scrolls, but the "physics" are geared towards a kind of slow, heavy
    ball movement so the scrolling effect is almost always mild. Unlike the
    average pinball game that's frantic and demands a lot of attention, this
    one's designed so that you can doodle away at it for ages, catching pokemon
    and stuff. It's comparatively easy to keep the ball in play. There's
    also a sleep mode so you can stop at practically any time and continue later
    on, exactly where you left off.
    A definite down-side is lack of variety - you'll spend most of your time on
    the main table. (Well, actually there are two main tables because there
    are two games on the cart - ruby & sapphire.) There are other tables that
    you warp to but they're relatively simple, single-minded ones where you
    don't spend that much time.

Console Gaming Games Nintendo Video Games