NO network/ethernet controller message!!

G

I have done a clean install of windows xp home on a ACER Extensa E210-since this i have had a yellow exclamation mark next to network controller and ethernet controller-i have d/loaded all the relevant software and drivers from ACER's own website all to no avail!!i have a d-link wireless NIC in the machine and have d/loaded the driver for this as well!it isnt being recognised at all,due in my thinking to there being no ethernet/network controller!i have an open broadband connection and fortunately i have a laptop wirelessly connected so still have internet access.i am getting very frustrated with it now as ive been at it for over 6 hours!!any help((HEEEELLLPPPPPPP!!!)) :??: would be very very appreciated.looking at other threads on other forums this seems to be an issue with ACER machines showing the same message/results typically after a fresh install of xp!!thanx 4 ur time

G

Punctuation is a traditional way of making ideas more immediately comprehensible .

As far as I can tell, you need to install the driver for the network controller -- this should be on the disk which came with the computer -- or download the driver pack for this computer from Acer or the NIC driver from D-Link.

If not, then just buy a new PCI NIC (they cost very little) and install it alongside or instead if the D-Link.