hammertime850

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
Hello Im new here so if this is in the wrong section just tell me ill move it, but to my questions:

Q#1 Recently my computer crashed (I was messing with OC options) and my monitor (a samsung TV/monitor 1080p) gave me an error message saying that the resolution is not compatible with this monitor. So I connected it to a bigger tv and it worded fine, all the settings were correct. So then without restarting the pc i connected it to the samsung monitor and looked in the nvidia control panel under my resolution settings it said my native resolution was 4095x4095 at 2 hz.... So i've tested the computer with 2 other tvs and there fine. but now i cant see my start up screen or bios because it is displaying this weird resolution. Its gives me that error message then goes straight to windows. now all my game offer the option to play at 4095x4095, which I say no to lol. what the hell went wrong and how can i fix it?

Q#2 I have 4 gbs of ocz fatality 1066 ddr2, and it runs at 800, I cant find ram settings in bios. any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

My guess is you have damaged your monitor by trying to run too high a refresh rate . [ ie more than 60 Hz ]
Connect another computer to it and that will let you know if thats the problem

Some motherboards dont let you change RAM frequency

hammertime850

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
i wasnt messing with refresh rates, i messed with the core clock. but i will try that
nvm, I forgot im the only person in my house with a desktop.. so i cant test with another pc. but if you didnt understand what i wrote. the monitor works fine but my computer says the native res is 4095x4095

hammertime850

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
ya it really is weird but after looking though my computer for anything out of the ordinary I saw this in y bios. It says that I have 4096MB of memory installed and 4095 is usable i wonder if it is a cowinsidence (I'm sorry you had to see my god awful spelling).