Your question

EVGA GTX 460 Superclocked temps?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Fan Speed
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 25, 2011 1:09:16 AM

My video card idles at 30c but when playing Crysis i seen it go to 56c or a little bit higher. Im just wondering If going into the 60's is to hot. Not sure If I should use a program to kind of up my fan speed from the default settings. Im thinking im ok but what will the card do when its getting to hot? Start stuttering? Im thinking that EVGA would have somewhat stress tested the card so I shouldnt even have to deal with the fan speed settings right?

More about : evga gtx 460 superclocked temps

a b Î Nvidia
March 25, 2011 1:18:08 AM

For the core they are well with in the limits but however it is the power vrm and the vram you want cooled.
m
l
March 25, 2011 3:04:09 AM

ok i have no clue what that is lol. I got the CoolerMaster HAF 932 case so i got 1 230mm fan blowing on the card and then another sucking air out(I also got 2 other fans) Was just wondering though.
m
l
Related resources
March 25, 2011 3:39:41 AM

mrkeith said:
My video card idles at 30c but when playing Crysis i seen it go to 56c or a little bit higher. Im just wondering If going into the 60's is to hot. Not sure If I should use a program to kind of up my fan speed from the default settings. Im thinking im ok but what will the card do when its getting to hot? Start stuttering? Im thinking that EVGA would have somewhat stress tested the card so I shouldnt even have to deal with the fan speed settings right?

Crysis 1 or 2?
m
l
March 25, 2011 4:21:47 AM

Crysis 2.
m
l
March 25, 2011 4:24:42 AM

I'm thinking about getting one of those cards.

How did it perform with the 460? How high did you get the settings? How was the frame rate?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 25, 2011 12:48:38 PM

A GTX 460 is a very good card for the price and the only cards for the similar price for ati are the 6850 and the 6870. They overclock very well but most were made very cheaply. The power vrm is basically the power supply for the card ware the 6pin power connectors hook into. If that gets to be to hot for to long of a time the power supply there begins to fail gradually overtime. The vram or the memory for the card can also go bad if it to is overheated, at first textures won't load properly or there will be glitches such as arctifacts. Consoles can to have this problem.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 25, 2011 1:19:17 PM

The 60s isn't too hot, those cards can run in the 90s without damaging anything. If it gets to hot you will probably see some artifacts and screen tearing and then it will crash, but you're nowhere near that. Unless you heavily overclock the card there is no need to adjust the fan.
m
l
March 25, 2011 2:28:15 PM

cozmonat said:
I'm thinking about getting one of those cards.

How did it perform with the 460? How high did you get the settings? How was the frame rate?

I get 57-60 FPS on Hardcore graphic settings in 720p. I see absolutely no slowdown. I some times get a stutter though when i enter into a specific part thats going to have a little cut scene but Im sure thats kind of expected and not a graphic problem. But the card holds it's own in the game. If I go from Hardcore to advanced graphic settings then i get a 20 FPS difference(avanced=high, hardcore=very high) So im impressed with the card so far. I don't play in anything higher than 720p since my monitor isnt that elite but for me it works.
m
l
!