What's a good motherboard for g620 & hd 6670

I would highly suggest you get this case instead

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119227&Tpk=elite%20430

In terms of the operation of the computer, it will work a lot better and the cost is a lot less after rebate.

That being said, I am kinda surprised you aren't going to try to hide the case somewhere like most people with HTPCs do.

As far as which motherboards will work, pretty much any cheap H61 should do what you want. You can probably get one for like $30.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

I know but it's accessible where it's going, and that's the only case I've found that will look nice (she's got that canyon stone paint thing going on.) If all it's running is a g620 and a hd6670 and I add a side fan I don't think ventilation will be an issue. But sure, the cooler master elite is a superior case without a doubt.

I didn't really examine the quality of the components or anything, but here is an example of a bargain basement price motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135288

$25 shipped after rebate. That is well below my $30 target for the H61.

Not that I am going to suggest you get this board. I don't particularly trust the brand that much (although I do respect that they make tons of motherboards for the companies like DELL and IBM). Foxconn also makes tons of motherboards for those sorts of companies and I also wouldn't go around suggesting people that come in here buy Foxconn boards either.

That being said, the price is definitely right if it has everything you need and the board you get isn't flawed right out of the box.

ECS is probably much more likely to have flawed boards right out of the box than Gigabyte is, but that is why you pay 3x for the Gigabyte vs the ECS.

The same for it having everything you need, between ECS and Gigabyte I would guess the Gigabyte board would be the one with the better features vs the bargain basement ECS stuff.

However, people who roll the dice on the ECS and get lucky do get tons of value out of their relatively little expenditure.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

Well that is a good price and I suppose I should try to save as much as possible.