Slow internet windows 7 Pro

kyoshi59

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
Windows Vista Business (x64) (build 7600)
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5 650
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
Drives Memory Modules c,d
1000.10 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
942.35 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

HP Officejet 6500 E USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
ST31000528AS [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 9VP52XHQ, rev CC38, SMART Status: Healthy 7990 Megabytes Installed Memory
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 1000.10 GB 942.35 GB free

Slow internet page loads, I have ran spyware scans,Virus scans. My old XP machine in my home office performs faster than my newest windows 7 machine with 4 i5 processers. Scratching my ass...umtions. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....

Solution
G
Nobody uses IE any more (well, not by choice). Chrome is fast but can you trust Google to behave ethically with your data ? Personally I shifted from Firefox to Opera when Opera finally came out with a reliable product.

kyoshi59

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
I'm sorry, it's an Intel 82578DC Gigbit Network Connection. I'm connected to the Lan and I'm using windstream as my internet provider The router is a Belkin G Wireless router, I'm connected via an ethernet cable, there are (4) computers hook into the network. My laptop as well as the computer in my sons room is caturing the connect wirelessly, my office machine and the one in my bedroom is connected via ethernet cable. Hope this helps....

G

Still not all that clear. Are you aware that wireless is almost always slower -- often about half the speed of wired -- maybe that's what you're experiencing.

G

Nobody uses IE any more (well, not by choice). Chrome is fast but can you trust Google to behave ethically with your data ? Personally I shifted from Firefox to Opera when Opera finally came out with a reliable product.

Solution