Kodak D6490 or Fuji S5100 Megazoom models

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 2, 2005 10:24:38 AM

I have both of these camera's in my posession at the moment. One will
be returned. I am having a terrible time deciding which one to keep.
Anyone have any issues with either model or heard of any. I have read
reviews from every site and user reviews as well at most of the major
retailers. I do not find too much on the fuji since it was released
only a few months ago. There are a ton on the kodak since it has been
out for almost 2 full years now. Both are the same price and have
similar features. I have taken shots with both of the same image in the
same lighting. Most images come out comparable but sometimes I do
notice benefits in both camera. I have also looked at the Olympus 765,
Nikon Coolpix 4800, and the Konica Minolta Z2 or 3 (I didn't like this
one at all). Anyone on these groups doesn't even compare the Kodak in
their hunt for a good megazoom model. Any ideas why? Maybe because it
is older?
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 5:22:16 PM

joseph.cosker@citigroup.com wrote:
> I have both of these camera's in my posession at the moment. One will
> be returned. I am having a terrible time deciding which one to keep.
> Anyone have any issues with either model or heard of any. I have read
> reviews from every site and user reviews as well at most of the major
> retailers. I do not find too much on the fuji since it was released
> only a few months ago. There are a ton on the kodak since it has been
> out for almost 2 full years now. Both are the same price and have
> similar features. I have taken shots with both of the same image in the
> same lighting. Most images come out comparable but sometimes I do
> notice benefits in both camera. I have also looked at the Olympus 765,
> Nikon Coolpix 4800, and the Konica Minolta Z2 or 3 (I didn't like this
> one at all). Anyone on these groups doesn't even compare the Kodak in
> their hunt for a good megazoom model. Any ideas why? Maybe because it
> is older?

There is a VERY active bias among the users here against anything with
Kodak's name on it. You need to discount this factor a bit to level the
playing field. If you can't really see glaring differences between the
cameras, then you can hardly go wrong either way. Flip a coin.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
!