LG DVD WRITER

sudhir10feb

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I HAVE A LG DVD WRITER IN MY DEKSTOP. IT HAS BEEN 2.5 YEARS OLD. IT WAS WORKING 1 WEEK BEFOR, BUT ITS NOT WORKING NOW. THE WRITER TAKES THE DVD OR CD BUT IN 2 MINUTES THE DVD/CD COMES OUT AUTOMATICALLY, I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS ISSUE. SO ANY ONE CAN HELP ME TO FIX THE PROBS?? MY COMPUTER IS SHOWING THE DVD WRITER OPTION.

So, you are creating a DVD, it runs for couple of minutes, then ejects - Is this correct ?

And you do have the correct media inserted - Correct ?

Have you installed any new hardware / Software (Inluding Windows updates) recently ?

Have you looked in event viewer to see if any errors are reported ?

sudhir10feb

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
hey bro.....its just ma first experince in posting a query to any site...but i am too happy to see your reply too soon....

yes the probs is same as you mention .....its not for creating DVD/CD....i inserts a DVD to see a movie.....its happining for every DVD/CD....

Its seems that its not running at all..just eject it after couple of minutes.....

yup after 6 month i started using internet again and may be some feature aotomically installed by microsoft....i am not sure wat r feature may get updated automically...

I dont have much idea about event and all but after studying nw i can think two type of error may concers:

1. The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

2.Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

Hence if the above mention event is irrelevent then please let me know which event i should chk it wat to do if that is failed.

Anyway thnx for ypur reply....

cheers,
sudhir

sudhir10feb

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
THANX Bro,

There is no rror in devise manager i can see... i dont think after unstalling i can install it back as dont have much experiance.....may be i increase the probs...
i dont have any idea about SP1 and SP2 that you mention. Please let me know how tochk it.....help me bro....

Try right click on My Computer > Properties > General Tab, and that should show your OS and Service Pack you have installed.

PS In Device Manager, you can also click Update driver and Scan for Hardware changes for the CD RW Device. If you delete the driver, then reboot your system, Windows will automatically install a driver, you don't really need experience. And, what's the Difference, it doesn't work now ! :bounce: .