Passworded Dell Latitude CPt S600ST

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 5, 2005 12:43:06 AM

Hello

I have a passworded Dell Latitude CPt S600ST

Service Tag 1B0P10J-D35B

Last time I used it was 2 years ago, was not passworded then !!

If there is a quick easy fix I would like to know
else I will put it on eBay

Eric
June 5, 2005 3:51:14 AM

if it is a windows password just reinstall the OS or there are programs on
the net that can reset it/
if it is a bios password you can call dell and if you can provide proof of
ownership they can give you a master password to open the system.
"Eric Tyers" <eric.tyers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have a passworded Dell Latitude CPt S600ST
>
> Service Tag 1B0P10J-D35B
>
> Last time I used it was 2 years ago, was not passworded then !!
>
> If there is a quick easy fix I would like to know
> else I will put it on eBay
>
> Eric

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 5, 2005 1:07:26 PM

With regard to :-

>Contact Dell with proff of ownership and they will give you a backdoor
password

The purchasing company went bankrupt, so proof of ownership is impossible.

Eric

!