I want to finish this build very soon, I will probably order tomorrow. Im tight on my budget and dont want to go over 800$ everything included (taxes, monitor, shipping.. everything)
I want to play a couple of games, mostly older games (most recent one would be COD:BO)
I would like to upgrade the PC when I need to. I see no big problem in changing MOBO, adding/changing GPU, adding ram, upgrading CPU in the next two years but for now I have a budget limit.
Note: I'm using canadian distributors and prices. (newegg.ca, ncix.ca, directcanada.ca)
I have two options that I cant decide myself on.
My opinion would be what a little while until you could afford the 6870 or a GTX 460 and the Gigabyte board as this would provide you a viable upgrade path for future SLi/Crossfire. I also hope you realize that MIR are not instant. You will pay full price for the part now and then have to fill out the MIR form and follow its directions to receive your money which will also take at least two weeks from your filing date to get to you. Just a forewarning.
SLI and Crossfire arent necessarily the best upgrade path, i wouldn't worry too much there. The money spent on getting a second card and the money spent buying a better motherboard AND the money spent on a more powerful power supply could all put toward a better single card when the time comes. Just a thought. When upgrade time comes, you still have the option to get an i5, more RAM and a 6970 or something.
http://www.antec.outervision.com/PSUEngine According to Antec 6850s will be fine with the Neo Eco 520w so op should be fine there. And are you recommending a gfx card along the lines of a 6950/560Ti? Because I am rather sure 6850 in CFX will out perform a 6950 and depending on when the op feels an upgrade is necessary could prove to be less expensive as prices go down on the 6850 due to new tech/marketing strategys
Alright so giving it more thoughts, I'm thinking I finish college in less then 2 years and then I will have the money to upgrade the mobo and everything else. SO, I would rather go with option 1, because with that option I will be good to go for a lil while.
Id like a confirm that I'm not making any mistakes with that build. I will be able to have a decent computer for the next two years with some upgrade options. I will be able to run my old games and maybe some new ones with lower resolutions. My PSU will be good enough for it all.