Sign in with
Your question

Which motherboard should I buy?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 21, 2012 3:15:31 AM

Hi,

I'm building a new computer and seeking for some good components for gamming. First let me say that i will not do any type of overclocking (not now, but when it starts to get outdated....) and i'm from Brazil, what difficult me to find some components with a good price, so i need some help choosing a good motherboard.

Below is avaliable motherboards at moment and its current price in dollars:
1. Asus LGA1155 P8Z77-V Pro $245,00
2. Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H $236,00
3. Asrock z77 extreme4 $180,00 (but it's out of sock for now...)

My others components:
Intel i7 3770k
16GB Corsair Vengeance
1TB WD Black Caviar
NVIDIA GTX 580 (Zotac)

I'll but this computer on friday, so i'm looking at store websites everyday... and things can be changed. I'll be very graceful if someone help me decide what motherboard i'll choose (1 or 2 or 3 if avaliable on day).

Sorry for my english, i'm trying my best. If someone wants to do a grammar correction, be free.

More about : motherboard buy

a b V Motherboard
May 21, 2012 3:45:56 AM

Any one of those are excellent choices even if not overclocking...they all three will fit your needs and the rest is whatever you're comfortable with.

Asus is a Top-Tier motherboard supplier..their products have been my choice for most of 12 years now...I have also had excellent luck with the Gigabyte boards on a couple of my AMD quad-core builds...however Asrock is a fairly new player on the motherboard market and their products are TOP NOTCH as well but for a direct comparison...they usually offer just a bit less for the money...

I really like all three...the oldest manufacturer would be ASUS...Gigabyte runs a close second and ASROCK is the newcomer...about 4 years of widespread acceptance...they offer as good as performance as the other two and their reliability and driver support has improved dramatically over those past 4 years.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that ALL three are so close in performance, reliability and feature sets...any one will do the job and do it well.

So spend your money with the one you like aesthetically the best (the one that you like the looks of) or read through all three specification sheets and see if one jumps out at ya....you won't go wrong with any of them....remember all three of them have had duds...and all three have had homeruns...so whatever makes you feel the best!

Please post back with your choice when you get it to see what you went with....we're nosy here and like to see what you came up with and how it performed for you!:) 
May 21, 2012 4:22:48 AM

Thanks for your infos.

I had a ASUS motherboard (M2N-SLI Deluxe) and i really liked it, and it still working fine, so my preferences is for ASUS.

I really liked the AsRock Z77 Extreme 4, and it was my choice before it got out of stock. But i read some people talking about problems with AsRock, bad RAM and such... but every people have some problem with some brand like my friend had a problem with nvidia gpus and now just use radeon... Another thing that is on my mind... Why Asrock is cheaper? Maybe because of brand name, just it?

About the GigaByte, what i liked on it is that it have 2 Gigabit ethernet ports as a extended feature on top of others motherboard...

Right now, my order is: AsRock (Price) > GigaByte (2 Ethernet) > Asus (Brand trust)... but AsRock is out of stock.

A bit offtopic, i see sabertooth z77 for 240usd on newegg, i really like my country...

I'll update this post when things change...

Sorry for english, again.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 28, 2012 7:03:02 AM

I like Asrock as well...and you get quite a lot for your money...bios updates usually address any major issues with ram or other board issues...Asrock has really been stepping up their quality with their boards...I can FULLY understand the draw of two gig nic ports...ALL my machines have had two ethernet ports...I use LAN Teaming...bonds both together....and with ASUS...yeah brand trust is there for me...Asus Maximus IV Extreme...current build.

Like I said above...you really can't go wrong with any of the three...they are all right in the ballpark...the sabertooth...again asus...just whatever you feel you like the best or can get the best deal for:) 
May 28, 2012 12:08:31 PM

Hi, i just come from the store.

I broght the GIGABYTE because of some discount that i found and of course, because the features that i have stated before.

I'll assembly my new computer when my case comes (i broght the HAF X)... Thanks for all your opinions, i was very in trouble of being trust whitin the gigabyte motherboard...
!