NEW ASUS P8Z77-V LE MB & I5-3570K Help

Skell

Honorable
May 21, 2012
This is my first build and everything seems to be going pretty smooth.
I flashed my BIOS to the latest once i figured out my usb needed to be FAT32 format. My concern right now is drivers and BIOS utilities. I'm pretty sure all my drivers are up to date, according to the Device Manager. Is there a simple way to update and make sure everything is up to date for drivers? Also, I'm not sure how to update my BIOS utilities. It's supposed to be done in DOS and the file is BUPDATER_V130. Any suggestions with this? I'm assuming it's the BIOS Flash Utility Update.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
This is my first build and I'm almost there.

Thanks

SKell

There's not really a simple way to check for driver updates all at the same time (without third party software), but if everything is working, it's not worth the bother, IMO.

As far as the BIOS updater goes, you shouldn't even need to worry about that, should you? EZ Flash 2 in the BIOS is much easier. No need to ever use the DOS updater.

dos bios update..make a usb stick bootable...then expand the dos flash program and the bios file on the usb stick.reboot and set the first boot device and the usb stick. if done right you get a black screen with a dos promt on it. one there type in the name of the dos updated and follow it promts. i would backup the old bios just in case something happens. also if there more then one bios..ie like 2001..2002..2003...you have to do them in order.
the driver on most vendor web page are newer then the ones on the cd. to find out if your driver is newest one or not you go under a device is windows system/device manager..look under video cards and driver info...it give you the driver number and it date...you then can go to ati or nvidia and look at there driver and see if the date and driver number is newer then yours.
there only a few drivers that you have to once and a while check to see that there updated..video card..sound card chipset (most mb use relteck now) intel or amd chipset drivers. (other ones would be if your mb had a 2 party sata or usb hub).
most times the drivers on the cd are fine...

How did you update the BIOS to begin with? You didn't even need to use the update utility. That's what EZ Flash 2 in the BIOS itself is for.