Sign in with
Your question

How much i7 is faster than i3 in %

Last response: in CPUs
September 1, 2011 3:20:07 AM

Hello,
Its only for running games + apps (fraps) + multiple apps beside.
please tell me percentage ex: its 20% more speed than i3

More about : faster

September 1, 2011 3:21:33 AM

also tell me how much is i5 faster in percentage.
ex:
i5 10% more than i3
i7 30% more than i5

can you recommend best cpu in i3, i5 and i7 excluding costly ones.
m
l
a c 190 à CPUs
September 1, 2011 4:21:32 AM

That is an impossible statement.

Which i7 and which i3? Are we going to compare the 2600k to 2100, 2120, or 2100T? Are we including mobile versions in here? Which programs in particular? Will they make use of the extra cores from the i7 or are they only dual threaded.

Anyone who gives you a solid % answer is making it up. You need to ask a specific question if you want such a specific answer, but in reality your best bet would be to look at the benchmarks yourself to get a better understanding of how their performances in different tasks compare because it is much too complex to sum up in a single percentage.
m
l
Related resources
a c 102 à CPUs
September 1, 2011 9:31:00 AM

+1 you need to know which exact CPUs to compare and also with games most will be limited by the GPU anyway and even those that are not some can make better use of the extra cores on an I5 and hyper threading on the i7 and some cannot so its an impossible question. You can compare different CPUs at http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 1, 2011 10:05:53 AM

maic said:
Hello,
Its only for running games + apps (fraps) + multiple apps beside.
please tell me percentage ex: its 20% more speed than i3

If you want to run the latest games smoothly (like BF3) + multiple apps beside you need i7 @ 3GHz minimum. There is on point in comparing to other CPUs because they can't.
m
l
!