Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
My system

i5 650, not OC
6MB Ram
550 PSU
3 2TB WD Green Drives

I have this connected via HDMI to my Pioneer Elite VSX-32

I get speratic restarts without any notification of any kind, just a blimp shutdown and auto restart asking me to continue with windows boot as normal or without specific drivers and such. When I say speratic, I mean speratic. It can come while watching a movie via XBMC or when doing absolutly nothing, it even happened immediatatly after firing up the system after being off during the night. I know it isn't due to heat, and I've tried the stress test with no avail. I check my reliability report in windows 7 and it doesn't give me any real explanation, except for "Windows was not properly shut down". I've attached an image that came up during boot up, after the image the system rebooted and was fine again. This is driving me insane. I almost want to throw the entire thing out SilverStone case and all and start from stratch. I'm running Windows 7 X64 Ultimate Edition.

img04371.jpg

prk72

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
That's a good idea, I don't know much about video cars though. My system is running via the CPU. Do you have any suggestions? I only need something to watch 1080 movies, I'm not gaming at all.

prk72

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
I installed a Radeon HD 4670 1GB. I it's been a few days now and I haven't had the same issue with regards to the screen looking like it did in my original post, however I have had it shut down and restart 1 or 2 times since the install. I'm still unsure what the problem could be, it would help if Windows would give me a description why it rebooted.

TRENDING THREADS