Msi hd5770 is it my best choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbpktdonas

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Im in the process of finishing my new build. I have a msi g890 mobo n an amd 1110t. I was gonna leave the video card that comes with the mobo but i found an msi 5770 for $80 after rebates. My main purpose is to play a few games including wow n watch blue ray movies. Is this a good card for my needs? Or should i wait for something better? I need good advice (thats why i came in here). Thanks.

lbpktdonas

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Is there another card besides gtx series...i had one gtx 285 when they came out n it fried my mobo so i would like to stay away from that series if possible but if not well i would have to pick one of those. Is there something else even if i have to wait n save a little more?

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010

Precisely.

lbpktdonas

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Ok just so I start learning what to look for when looking into spec...What or how do I know what to look for in specs when it comes to performance? or anything I need to know when shopping around for components? obviously in this case graphics cards. Thanks for all the help. I am wondering if I should just wait and save some cash and buy something better or those are just for what I need. I am not too crazy if is not the best...just because right now im playing with all settings low because my laptop cant handle all the high settings. Thanks again. I really appreciate all your guys' help.

Status
Not open for further replies.