Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nintendo DS Shortage?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 1:00:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

Does anyone think they'll be a shortage of the Nintendo DS considering
the time of the release (X-Mas)? I have an opportunity to buy a
quantity for resale, but the profit will be next to nothing (and a
waste of my time to even bother) unless I could sell them for at least
$179.99 plus shipping. I see they can still be preordered now, but
that's not really the issue, preorders are the people who are set to
buy it and plan, parents don't normally preorder for kids on X-Mas,
they all wait for the day after Thanksgiving and run around looking
for things like chickens with their heads cut off :)  The overall
pricepoint of the DS though makes me think it won't fly off the
shelves. Any opinions?

More about : nintendo shortage

September 24, 2004 3:34:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

with all the prep Nintendo has put in to this I doubt a shortage is emanate.
I'll just wait and get mine off the shelf!
"Jason Costa" <jcwatchdog@msn.com> wrote in message
news:37cabe21.0409232000.1d42b8a9@posting.google.com...
> Does anyone think they'll be a shortage of the Nintendo DS considering
> the time of the release (X-Mas)? I have an opportunity to buy a
> quantity for resale, but the profit will be next to nothing (and a
> waste of my time to even bother) unless I could sell them for at least
> $179.99 plus shipping. I see they can still be preordered now, but
> that's not really the issue, preorders are the people who are set to
> buy it and plan, parents don't normally preorder for kids on X-Mas,
> they all wait for the day after Thanksgiving and run around looking
> for things like chickens with their heads cut off :)  The overall
> pricepoint of the DS though makes me think it won't fly off the
> shelves. Any opinions?
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 6:47:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

"mark" <yoshiryder@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<uDT4d.12217$464.7404@trnddc01>...
> with all the prep Nintendo has put in to this I doubt a shortage is emanate.
> I'll just wait and get mine off the shelf!



Ok, hopefully you'll be one of my orders :) 
Related resources
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 10:30:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

> > parents don't normally preorder for kids on X-Mas,
> > they all wait for the day after Thanksgiving and run around looking
> > for things like chickens with their heads cut off :) 
>
> How inappropriate and then they say computer games are violent!

Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who
disagrees.

//mike tyndall
P.S.: That's a quote from The Gord, www.actsofgord.com.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 2:33:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

On 23 Sep 2004 21:00:56 -0700, jcwatchdog@msn.com (Jason Costa) wrote:

>Any opinions?

Buy a few and list them on eBay. Some tired mothers would be willing
to pay as much as $200-$300 for a hard to find hot toys. When PS2
first came out, they were hard to find and often selling in $400 range
(double the retail price of the time)

Personally I'll just use a preorder and save me the aggrivation of
finding one for $150 or less before Christmas.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 2:33:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

> >Any opinions?
>
> Buy a few and list them on eBay. Some tired mothers would be willing
> to pay as much as $200-$300 for a hard to find hot toys. When PS2
> first came out, they were hard to find and often selling in $400 range
> (double the retail price of the time)

The PS2 actually started at $300, so it would be 133% of the normal price :) 

I actually remember hearing about $700-1000 eBay purchases (those people
must have been desparate!). There was even a story on the news about a kid
that was using some PS2s he had acquired to help pay his way through
college.
--
//mike tyndall
C++ programmer and game designer (not professionally)
See my 329-game collection:
http://users.ign.com/collection/MikeTyndall
!