Nintendo DS Shortage?

Does anyone think they'll be a shortage of the Nintendo DS considering
the time of the release (X-Mas)? I have an opportunity to buy a
quantity for resale, but the profit will be next to nothing (and a
waste of my time to even bother) unless I could sell them for at least
$179.99 plus shipping. I see they can still be preordered now, but
that's not really the issue, preorders are the people who are set to
buy it and plan, parents don't normally preorder for kids on X-Mas,
they all wait for the day after Thanksgiving and run around looking
for things like chickens with their heads cut off :) The overall
pricepoint of the DS though makes me think it won't fly off the
shelves. Any opinions?
5 answers Last reply
More about nintendo shortage

    with all the prep Nintendo has put in to this I doubt a shortage is emanate.
    I'll just wait and get mine off the shelf!

    "mark" <yoshiryder@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<uDT4d.12217$464.7404@trnddc01>...
    > with all the prep Nintendo has put in to this I doubt a shortage is emanate.
    > I'll just wait and get mine off the shelf!

    Ok, hopefully you'll be one of my orders :)

    > > parents don't normally preorder for kids on X-Mas,
    > > they all wait for the day after Thanksgiving and run around looking
    > > for things like chickens with their heads cut off :)
    >
    > How inappropriate and then they say computer games are violent!

    Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who
    disagrees.

    //mike tyndall
    P.S.: That's a quote from The Gord, www.actsofgord.com.

    On 23 Sep 2004 21:00:56 -0700, jcwatchdog@msn.com (Jason Costa) wrote:

    >Any opinions?

    Buy a few and list them on eBay. Some tired mothers would be willing
    to pay as much as $200-$300 for a hard to find hot toys. When PS2
    first came out, they were hard to find and often selling in $400 range
    (double the retail price of the time)

    Personally I'll just use a preorder and save me the aggrivation of
    finding one for $150 or less before Christmas.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > >Any opinions?
    >
    > Buy a few and list them on eBay. Some tired mothers would be willing
    > to pay as much as $200-$300 for a hard to find hot toys. When PS2
    > first came out, they were hard to find and often selling in $400 range
    > (double the retail price of the time)

    The PS2 actually started at $300, so it would be 133% of the normal price :)

    I actually remember hearing about $700-1000 eBay purchases (those people
    must have been desparate!). There was even a story on the news about a kid
    that was using some PS2s he had acquired to help pay his way through
    college.
    --
    //mike tyndall
    C++ programmer and game designer (not professionally)

Console Gaming Nintendo Video Games