Dell Inspiron 530s Power On Issue

Rpowell5415

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530s that is not powering on at all. The Power Supply is displaying a solid green light and the Foxconn G33m02 motherboard is showing a solid amber light. I am a novice hardware guy at best and was wondering would it be reasonable to think that this might be an issue with the power button itself or is this more likely a greater problem than that? I am limited as to funds and was wanting to take the most likely route to get this computer up and running. I am not looking to upgrade or anything just get it back in working order through a path of least resistance. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dell_Kaushal_C

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hi,
My name is Kaushal and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.It sounds as if enough power is not provided to components inside the computer other than the one which makes the light on the motherboard illuminate, which means we would have the check the cables supplied from the power supply to each component inside to ensure they are reseated and reconnected.
This should ensure all the parts getting enough power and then in case it is the power button failure, please ensure that the power button the computer makes a clicking noise or feel the time pressed.
Else it would have to be tried by different power supply or reseating few components like video card or the memory card.
Hope this helps!
Kaushal