Sign in with
Your question

Cannot see flat panel input options in Catalyst Control Center

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 25, 2011 10:26:12 PM

Hi guys, I have an XFX ATI HD4650 video card and it seems that has an issue with HDMI config because I cannot use it when Wndows XP/7 has been loaded -it shows image only up to the Windows's welcome screen-.

I tried installing the video card on another machine and connecting the TV thru a HDMI cable and it worked fine. I contacted with the XFX's Technical Support and performed all recommended tests but still not working. I have recently reinstalled Windows 7 completely but happens the same f***ing thing... :@

Primary monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2253NW (22")
TV: Philips LED TV 32PFL5605D/77 (32")
Mother: Asus P5KPL-AM
CPU: Pentium D 915 @ 2.8 GHz
RAM: Kingston 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz

Any ideas??

Your help will be appreciated!

Thnx,
Willy.
March 25, 2011 10:36:25 PM

can you actually see the TV in the 'desktops and displays' part of the ccc? You could try to configure it from there...
m
l
March 25, 2011 11:36:18 PM

Kari said:
can you actually see the TV in the 'desktops and displays' part of the ccc? You could try to configure it from there...

No Kari, I don't have that option :??: 

On the other hand, I just discovered that Windows and the CCC detects the TV when it is off or when the HDMI input is not selected on the TV and in these cases, I can see the configuration settings on the Catalyst Control Center -named as "My Digital Flat-Panels"- but when the TV is turned on, it dissapears from Windows's Display Options and from the CCC.

Help pleeeease! :) 
m
l
Related resources
March 26, 2011 8:40:45 PM

well that is weird, I'am all out off ideas, anyone else?? :/ 
m
l
April 5, 2011 3:55:48 PM

Anyone?? Pleeeease!
m
l
April 9, 2011 1:37:27 AM

Try messing with the Device Manager or Display>Change display settings in the Control Panel to detect the TV, there's also some advance settings that may get the TV to detect or manually install the TV drivers if you have it.
m
l
April 18, 2011 6:27:50 PM

dmlkdmlk said:
Try messing with the Device Manager or Display>Change display settings in the Control Panel to detect the TV, there's also some advance settings that may get the TV to detect or manually install the TV drivers if you have it.

Still doesn't work... :( 
m
l
!