Power Supply Help

wasabiwaffles

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello, I have an HP s5110t slimline PC and would like to upgrade from integrated graphics to a card that can handle more recent games -
I am looking at an PowerColor ATI Radeon HD6750 1GB DDR5 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card as a replacement for my current card, but my power supply(220w) will hardly meet the requirements for it (450w)

The power supply that would be the closest to 450w I could find is this ( http://pointtek.ecrater.com/p/11177610/hp-pavilion-slimline-s5110t-power# ) 400w power supply.

The question is, will I be able to use this power supply with this graphics card without suffering from dire consequences.

If anyone can find a more powerful power supply, I would be grateful if they can link me on here.

Processor - Intel Dual Core e5200 2.5 ghz
Ram - 3gb ddr2

EDIT: A friend of mine has been using a 450w graphics card (ATI Radeon HD5750) with a 300w power supply with no consequences, I assume that if I do not strain the card or overclock it with a sub-par power supply it should not have any problems.

wasabiwaffles

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Thanks, but im still a bit worried about how long a 450w reccomended card can stay functional with only a 300w power supply. Im a bit worried that the card might overheat and degrade rapidly, and also have long term negative effects on my pc. (my friend has a full tower case as compared to my smaller slimline case.)

Note - I usually keep my computer running all day every day except for some downtimes where I give the computer a rest for several hours to a day.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Note - I usually keep my computer running all day every day except for some downtimes where I give the computer a rest for several hours to a day.

Computers are designed to be on 24/7. By you giving your computer *rest* a few hours a day is actually hurting it far more than helping. Your components cool and then rapidly heat up again. Thermal Expansion. Its very bad for computer components actually.

TRENDING THREADS