CrossfireX not working

heatfanman

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I just recently installed a second HD 6950, but every time I start crysis it crashes. It crashes on other games too, but will work for 5 or so minutes. Also, my sound isn't working, all I hear is a buzzing sound. I'd greatly appreciate any help.

My mobo is MSI P67A-GD65.

heatfanman

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
drivers didn't help. I took out the second card, hoping the problems would be fixed. Still crashing, still no sound. I think I messed up big time. I should've just stuck with one card.

heatfanman

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Any help with my sound problem? I think one card may be working, becuase I tried a few games and they worked, but not Crysis. It was working before I tried putting in the second card, should I re-install it. First I need to get my audio fixed. Is my sound card dead?

bradkman

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010

Did you get the control panel under the "Sounds" and make sure your sound card is the default? When I've had ATI cards in the past, sometimes it would set my video card as the default for sound, because of the HDMI output from the video card. Once I set my sound card to the default, I'd get sound again.

BTW, that power supply should work fine, but you never know. The only time I've had problems with system crashes, similar to the crashes your experiencing, it's been a power supply issue. The sound card issue wouldn't be a power supply problem.

leon2006

Distinguished

Calculate your load
http://www.antec.outervision.com/

750 for crossfire...depending on what other stuff you have this may not be sufficient.

Go to computer store and try out 850W or bigger supply. Best Buy or Frys (if in US) provide 30 days for you the return it. Its easy to try so you can rule it out as a potential cause.

I have CF 4890 and i use Antec 850W True Power when i started.