Sign in with
Your question

Lawsuit against hp

Last response: in Motherboards
May 21, 2012 11:23:15 PM

Hello,
I have a hp pavillion dv2500 and the motherboard went. HP indicates because it is out of warranty they would charge me $324 to replace with a 90 day guarantee. Is there a class action suit available?

More about : lawsuit

May 21, 2012 11:59:02 PM

Nope because its out of warranty. Why should they have to give free service to something you didn't buy an extended warranty on?

That's like getting a car and using it every day for 10 years and the engine goes out. Would you file a class action lawsuit against the car company for the engine going out after 10 long years? No which is the same reason as HP has extended warranties in place.

I honestly hate people that think they are entitled to the world for paying 200$ on a crap laptop from walmart.
May 22, 2012 12:09:46 AM

If you paid for your Pavillion with a credit card you may be entitled to an extra year of warranty through your credit card as some offer an extra year warranty as a perk. Most credit cards offer this. You will have to file a claim through the credit card company.

I had the same thing happen to me with an HP netbook. 13 months after purchase it stopped booting up. It was a motherboard failure that was very common with my model. HP said it was out of warranty and wouldn't fix it. After doing all the credit card company asked they approved the claim and I got full purchase price back minus returning the netbook to credit card company or them keeping 7 or 10% and keeping the laptop. I kept it and parted the good parts out Ebay. Hope this helps
!