Which graphics card you recommend me to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shobits1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I'm planing to buy a new graphic card (GTX570) for the sake to play Crysis2 with the best quality possible -at least for me :D -.

unlike other members I don't have much choice since our stores have a very-limited brands, so here is my question; from the graphic cards below which one could serve me best (I mostly will run at resolution of 1650x1050 at the moment but planing to go with 1080p later):

* Gainward 570 Goes Like Hell
* Gainward GTX 570 Golden Sample
* Gigabyte GV-N570D5-13I-B

the difference in price is 35$ at max which doesn't matter compared to the price of the card.

P.S: my system is Core2Duo E6750/GA-X38-DQ6/6GB Corsair Dominator PC8500/Tagan 600 Watt Power supply.
Also I'm in hot country so effective cooling must be counted in.

one last word, I heard from some other forums that Gainword overclocked cards are not the best and often fail or cause problems after sometime, can anybody confirm - if it is reality then what about the gigabyte I listed.

sorry for my bad english :kaola:

Solution
I had not heard of this power supply before, and there so many poor quality ones out there, BUT this appears to be a VERY good supply and should work well with a GTX 570....

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/2261-tagan-2-force-ii-600w-power-supply-review.html

I have had very good success with the Gigabyte brand. Both there video cards and motherboards are of a very fine quality. So, the I would choose the Gigabyte GTX 570 above all others.

Also this particular video card should be very well suited to your case and high temperature climate. The reason, it EXHAUST all the hot air it generates out the back of your case leaving your system cool and functional...

phenom90

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
What casing did u use? Assuming that u had a good air circulation chassis...
it's better that you buy a aftermarket cooler card... because it always runs cooler than reference card, if it is put in a good airflow chassis.. Meanwhile, if you're using a not-so-good airflow chassis, it is best if you use a reference card, which in this case, a gtx 570 which exhaust heat out of the case.. because most aftermarket cooler exhaust heat back in the case.. causing other components to heat up...

ok... enough with the explain... If i were you... none of the above that i will put it in my rig.. because i think this is a better choice...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125365

Not to say gainward is a poor card... but i think the 3 fan solution on gigabyte works better... without compromising on the noise...

jb6684

Distinguished
I'm concerned about your power supply being able to drive the new card. Please list complete model number. Or, better yet read your numbers for EACH of these voltages. Here is an example:

• +3,3 Volt: 24 A
• +5,0 Volt: 24 A
• +12 Volt V1: 20 A.
• +12 Volt V2: 20 A.
• +12 Volt V3: 20 A.
• +12 Volt V4: 20 A.
• -12 Volt: 0,8 A.
• +5 Volt Standby: 3 A
• ATX Version: 2.2 .

This should be clearly posted on a label on your power supply.....

jb6684

Distinguished
Also are you currently Over Clocking your CPU?

E6750 4 MB L2 2.66 GHz 1333 MHz FSB

At the stock clock of 2.66 Ghz this CPU may prevent you from taking FULL advantage of such a powerful new GPU as the GTX 570.

If you read a few tutorials on overclocking bumping the clock up to 3.2Ghz should be easy & safe to improve game performance.

shobits1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Thanks for the replay.

* currently I'm using this case :
http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/classic_series/lexa_blackline

with two 120mm cooling fan (rear and side) and 80mm top.

* the power supply is tagan 2-Force II series (Model: TG600-U33) which has those specs:

• +3,3 Volt: 24 A
• +5,0 Volt: 24 A
• +12 Volt V1: 20 A.
• +12 Volt V2: 20 A.
• +12 Volt V3: 20 A.
• +12 Volt V4: 20 A.
• -12 Volt: 0,8 A.
• +5 Volt Standby: 3 A
• ATX Version: 2.2
• has two PCI-E power cable (6-pin + 8-pin)
here is a review of this PS on other site.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/2261-tagan-2-force-ii-600w-power-supply-review.html

* I'm not overclocking my CPU at this moment, but if it is required then I will.

jb6684

Distinguished
I had not heard of this power supply before, and there so many poor quality ones out there, BUT this appears to be a VERY good supply and should work well with a GTX 570....

I have had very good success with the Gigabyte brand. Both there video cards and motherboards are of a very fine quality. So, the I would choose the Gigabyte GTX 570 above all others.

Also this particular video card should be very well suited to your case and high temperature climate. The reason, it EXHAUST all the hot air it generates out the back of your case leaving your system cool and functional...

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3659

Check just one (1) more thing will LENGTH of card fit into your case? Check for 10.5 inches of space....

Another good news on this card, the 6 and 8 pin power connectors attach on the TOP edge of the card so ONLY 10.5 length is needed.

GTX 580/570 is the same size as Geforce GTX 480, measuring 10.5 inches or 26.7 centimeters in length. GTX 570 has two 6-pin power connectors maximum graphics card power 219W

Solution

shobits1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
- the case is compatible with nVIDIA 8800GTX (10.6 inches) so it should be able to house the GTX570 (not sure about the Gainward since I can't find any site mentioning it's length :( ).

- so you recommend for Gigabyte GV-N570D5-13I-B over the other Gainward card.

jb6684

Distinguished
I have many years experience with Gigabyte products, so, my confidence is high that this will be a quality GTX 570....

I have no experience with Gainward products, so I do not know their quality..

BUT I would NOT recommend either of the Gainward Goes Like Hell :

http://www.fudzilla.com/reviews/item/21288-gainward-gtx-570-golden-sample-goes-like-hell

based simply on the design of the GPU cooler. It is a dual fan and will dump SIGNIFICANT heat into your case. It is also a factory overclocked card, this will generate Much more heat than a stock card but add very little to performance if any. Both these things are likely to create problems for you ...

BTW, here is a nice review... shows expected performance level too

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-sli-review/

phenom90

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
agreed, after looking at your chassis, i think its okay if you buy the tri-fan since that runs about 65c at full load... and the reference design runs about 10c hotter than the tri-fan solution... maybe you need to spend 20 dollars more for the custom cooling... but the extra dollars is well worth spend if you plan to use your gpu longer....

jb6684

Distinguished
Triple fans are nice, in the right case they are cooler and can be quieter. But, they always dump more heat into the case than "reference designs" which can be trouble some if your in a HOT country where A/C is not the norm.

BUT, in the end, all this talk of triple fan versions is Moot any how, this dude said he is in a country with VERY LIMITED choices....

so, the Gigabyte he listed is FAR better than the unknown Gainward brand cards, do we all agree ????

Actually, in the past, Gainward was one of the really good specialty video card makers. They really pushed the limits with their Golden Sample cards and custom cooling designs. I used to own one a few years ago, and it was a very special card, just loaded with copper in the heatsink, and able to overclock like mad. However, since they were bought out by Palit, I just don't know. They seem more like Palit cards now, than the classic Gainward cards. The old cards were the Ferrari's of video cards.

shobits1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
thanks everyone, now I get the image.

I'll go for Gigabyte, and like you suggested I'll try and look for the WindForce version first.

Thank you once again :love:

P.S: actualy the temperature here -in summer- is like hell :fou: (about 42 to 47°C ~= 108°f to 117°f) which force to run the A/C 24/24 & 7/7 (at least in July and August) :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.