Which card for 3 monitor set-up

boborc

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
I want to run a 3 monitor set-up with one card if thats possible.only have one pci-e slot on my mobo intel dh67cl, core i5 2500, 4gb corsair xms ram. Was looking at a radeon 6950 2gb or a radeon 6870 1gb. Of course I would love to keep it under 200 bucks. Both have eyefinity but since i am doing this on one card would the extra gig of memory cause less streess on the card and better performance???what would you suggest???

yeah I would get a 6970, yeah you could flash the 6950 2 gig but in general your going to need all the gpu muscle you can afford for a triple monitor setup, but in the end 6950/70 will be the best thing you can get being that you cannot crossfire or sli with your current setup

must've not of lasted very long jeez, can you RMA it (the 6870) and sell it at least to pick some money towards your new gpu purchase? In the end I would just shoot for the 6970 if that is really what you want instead of flashing just to make sure that there will not be problems with it down the road...

anyways I had 6870 crossfire and it sucked bc of minimum fps so now I have switched to a single OC'ed gtx 570 and am very pleased, but for multiple monitors you will probly be served better by the 2 GB of VRAM on the 6970