Status
Not open for further replies.

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
hi..im newbie here hoping that any one out there will help me with my problem in my desktop computer..

i have a GeForce6100PM-M2 motherboard..and the problem is my computer didn't turn on when i'm using the power switch in my PCcasing..this are the ff. method i'd try:
1. i Swap the Power Switch to the Reset Switch to try if it will turn on..NONE
2. i try to power my PSU using a paper clip,connecting the green and black wires..the PSU turns ON..so my PSU is not defective..
3.i try to tighten the connector of the power switch but nothing's happen..didn't turn's on
4.i clean the header of the front panel and connect again the power switch of the PCcasing..again..nothing's happen..
5.i try to jumper the power switch in the header,using a longnose pliers..it TURN'S ON..USING A PAIR OF PLIERS..i don't want to do that every time i open my PC..

please..help me..

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
yes sir..i have a electrical tester..i try it..when i push the button the analog swings..it means its not defective..i try also cutting the wire of the power switch button,and connect it to turn on the pc but nothings happening..

ky_ecsusa

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Did you install the standoffs under the motherboard? Did you place them so they all align with the screw holes in the motherboard, with no extra standoffs touching the board in the wrong place? A standoff installed in the wrong place can cause a short and some strange problem will happen.

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
sir ky_ecsusa..i think all the screws are in align with the standoffs..i just use 4 standoffs,in all the corners of the board..

sir scout_03..the ATX 24pins are OK..and the 4pins..

its hard for me to know what the problem is,.cause i think all of the components are OK..i check all the possible defective parts..but there OK..

please give me more ANSWER..i want to fix my computer..there are times that even i'm using a pair of longnose pliers to turn on the PC,the PC don't turn on..but after a while..after some tries to turn it on..it turn's on..i really don't know what the problem is..the problem is very rare for me..its the first time i encounter this problem..please help me..

thank you so much!!

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
actually sir..the pc runs for a year with just 4standoffs..now..why is that??though i will try what you said sir..yes..the positive sign is in the right slot when i'm putting them on..

ky_ecsusa

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Try to remove all the wire between the case and the motherboard like USB front panel cable, audio front panel cable, LED light wire, etc. Then, only connect the power switch wire to the motherboard for testing. If it works, then one of the cables/wires will be the root cause for this issue.

In addition, you may try to test the motherboard without mounting inside the case.

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
actually sir ky_ecsusa..the USB front panel cable is not connect in the motherboard..i use the rear USB slot..and yes sir..i try that..only the power switch cable is connect in the mobo..its the same sir..i even re'assemble the UNIT..but its the same.. :cry:

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
yes sir..its very strange..very rare..i don't know what the problem is..i check ever thing i know..i do a lot of testing..all you've told me..but nothings happen..am i the only one who have the problem like this? :cry:

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
nothings happening..yes..the cpu fan is plug in..all wires in the mobo to the casing,from PSU to mobo..all of them are in there place..as in the system is dead..no turning fun,exhaust fun and cpu fun..

ky_ecsusa

Honorable
May 2, 2012
If you have a debug card, you can try take out all the wires and remove all the hardware on the motherboard including CPU, memory, hard drive, etc. Just connect the Power switch wire from your case to motherboard. Trun on the system. If there is some numbers on the debug card, then the motherboard is OK. Mostly, the debug card will show either "FF" or "00". You may need to test all the hardware one by one. One of the hardware may cause this issue. If you don't see any number on the debug card, then it is possible that something wrong on the motherboard.

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
do you mean sir,a built-in led in the mobo?that turns on when the UPS or AVR are switch on?my mobo does not have that built-in led..

i've try this one just now..i disassemble all the parts and run the unit without the casing..i mean,i try to turn on my computer with the parts are in the outside of the casing..its the same..nothings happen..it turn's on..i use the pliers again and jumper it..it runs..but after i shutdown it..even i jumper it..it doesn't turn on anymore..

is it possible that my mobo is defective?

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
plug the system directly to the wall outlet do not use a ups,power should be on the psu also check if you did not move any of the jumper setting as mark page 9,also recheck all connector the 24 pins and the 4 pins +the cpu fan if they are all connected in and not loose.see page 12 and 13 try to find a momentary switch and connect the pin 6 and 6 then press that switch to see if system boot

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
you plug a momentary switch to pin 6 and 8 then push it up and the system did not boot but when you use a pliers it work there is something with the motherboard,you could be needing to buy a new one except if she still under warranty ask for a rma

problemaker

Honorable
May 21, 2012
yes sir you're right..i think there is something in my mobo.. :cry: like what i've said..sometimes the pliers can't make it turn on..sometimes it turns on..but using a momentary switch...nothings happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS