Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Driver or GPU problem?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
March 26, 2011 1:32:45 PM

Hello

I have a Gigabyte Nvidia 8400GS 512mb 64bit
Today I updated my Nvidia drivers.
But i started to notice some problems:
1. When i drag my mouse on a picture in youtube.com, the screen flashes and then goes back to normal.

2. When i play MW2 on steam, everything is like big, colorful cubes. But when i tried to play on cracked MW2, everything was normal.

3. I dont know why, but on legal MW2 version the game lags like hell on lowest settings avaiable.
But on cracked version, I can put on medium/high and i get 50+ fps.

Where should be the problem?

More about : driver gpu problem

March 26, 2011 2:20:17 PM

Fast help would be appriciated. :) 
March 26, 2011 2:23:27 PM

Oww, and i reinstalled the drivers about 3 times and it didn't help.
Related resources
March 26, 2011 3:47:46 PM

Hello?
Anyone?
March 26, 2011 4:01:49 PM

I could call them graphical glitches
March 26, 2011 4:27:51 PM

may be your graphics card is having some dust on it just unplug it and give it a clean and do the same thing to your CPU and Rams buts first of all try to do it to your card than give it a try
March 26, 2011 4:29:33 PM

asiff6000fx said:
may be your graphics card is having some dust on it just unplug it and give it a clean and do the same thing to your CPU and Rams buts first of all try to do it to your card than give it a try

But the strange thing is that it has some issues only in legal verion of MW2
March 26, 2011 4:32:09 PM

what is the screen resolution u are running the game?
March 26, 2011 4:35:04 PM

asiff6000fx said:
what is the screen resolution u are running the game?

on illegal version i run at 800*600res and everything else on medium/high. I have 50+fps
on legal version i tried the same and i get 15-25fps. I tried even at 680*480 and i had max 30fps
March 26, 2011 4:48:01 PM

me my self also played and fished Mw 2 illegal version back in 2009 me to had some performance issues in some part of the game as i told u try to give it a clean and let me know what happen:) 
March 26, 2011 4:54:41 PM

asiff6000fx said:
me my self also played and fished Mw 2 illegal version back in 2009 me to had some performance issues in some part of the game as i told u try to give it a clean and let me know what happen:) 

I dont think the fix is hiding in the GPU cleaning
March 26, 2011 5:55:47 PM

Maybe some1 else could help me?
a c 142 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 27, 2011 1:53:26 AM

No one is replying because everyone knows the 8400GS is a piece of crap and you should just get a better card.
a c 1170 U Graphics card
a c 926 Î Nvidia
March 27, 2011 2:13:32 AM

If you are overclocking, go back to stock speeds. What is your GPU temperature?
March 27, 2011 7:34:26 AM

17seconds said:
If you are overclocking, go back to stock speeds. What is your GPU temperature?

Max temparature are 58degrees
a c 153 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 27, 2011 7:42:00 AM

1. Clean the card.
2. Did you use driver sweeper and get the latest drivers?
3. What is your PSU.
4. Do you have a spare or a friends GPU you can try out.
5. What is the GPU temperature both idle and gaming.
6. Just play the cracked version if you actually own the game, doesn't really matter.
7. Don't bump your own thread so many times, if someone is going to help they will, don't spam the forums.
8. Try a diferent web-brower and see if the Youtube problem still happens, also make sure Java and Flash are updated. Mozilla and Chrome are both amazing browsers.
March 27, 2011 8:44:31 AM

Helltech said:
1. Clean the card.
2. Did you use driver sweeper and get the latest drivers?
3. What is your PSU.
4. Do you have a spare or a friends GPU you can try out.
5. What is the GPU temperature both idle and gaming.
6. Just play the cracked version if you actually own the game, doesn't really matter.
7. Don't bump your own thread so many times, if someone is going to help they will, don't spam the forums.
8. Try a diferent web-brower and see if the Youtube problem still happens, also make sure Java and Flash are updated. Mozilla and Chrome are both amazing browsers.

Card is cleaned about week ago
I have a Codegen 500W PSU, but i will be changing to OCZ 700W
I dont have friends, where i can test out my GPU

Well, i think ill just start to save money and get the HD5970 :D