Graphic card problem?

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hi guys, if you read my previous thread you will know that i have had several problems with my dell 8400...

To make it short.. i bought a new graphic card (Radeon HD 4550) which didn't work becuase it didn't show up anything on the screen only black... so i returned it.

As i said i went to the computer tech today and he inserted a Nvidia 8400gs which seems to work. the only problem is that it wouldn't go past the windows xp loading screen and after 2 seconds the blue error screen shows only for 0.5 seconds and then it restarts by it self.

Is it possible that i killed windows when i changed graphic card? And how can i fix it??

/Naxster

Demonata08

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Seems to me if a computer tech inserted something that possibly damaged your system it would be his responsiblity to replace your system

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

thanks for the quick reply...

The thing is demon if you read my prevoius thread you should see that i have had several problems with the computer and far that i know, if was not his fault.

But if i cant get past the windows xp loading screen and shows the error screen in 0.5 seconds can i possible reformat it??

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

Going to try that.. Thanks