viswanath608

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hello, sorry if it's a wrong section i'm posting. I've custom built PC since 1 year, since 1 month it's dead slow, I've formatted the system twice, while installing the OS also PC is slow. I don't know why it's dead slow. My PC configuration is.

-> Processor - AMD Phenom II x2 550 3.10 GHz
-> Ram - 4.0 GB(3.25 usable)
-> System Type - 32 Bit
-> Hard Disk - 1TB Segate
-> MotherBoard - Gigabyte

And sometimes some of my partitions are not working just showing NTFS. I think it's probably Hard Disk problem. What you say? Is it really a Hard disk problem or something else? Any idea to fix it and yeah I've warranty to replace it. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Viswanath.

viswanath608

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Transfer rate is 1.6 MB/s and When i'm moving files internally transfer rate is 985 kbps to 2 MB/s. I'm sure that my PC is secure from Bitdefender.

JayrollLim

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
If you have some money to spare, go buy an SSD because it is way more faster. Then try installing your OS and important programs to the SSD.

viswanath608

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

SSD is little bit costly in India than US. Though I'll get 256 GB of SSD in a month.

Yeah I've found that it's my Hard Disk fault. I've found the issue via SeaTools which is provided by Segate to find the fault of Hard Disks at there website. I'm going to book RMA and replace.

Test RAM with Memtest for any errors, errors will slow the PC to a crawl.

Make certain your 'Gigabyte' actually supports your CPU and that the minimum BIOS per CPU support is installed and if necessary update your BIOS via Q-Flash and using a FAT32 single partitioned Flash Drive.

Try moving the HDD to different SATA Ports and for most Gigabyte's only use SATA ports 0-3. Then test the HDD with both SeaTools from Seagate and ATTO benchmark.

SeaTools for DOS - http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/ ; create a bootable CD/DVD and run tests.

ATTO Benchmark (OEM version registration required, I don't get any spam and I know it's virus free) - http://www.attotech.com/products/product.php?sku=Disk_Benchmark

Right click on the C Volume, select both options, and schedule -- on a 1 TB HDD it takes quite a wile to complete, normal running time is 1+ hour but if your HDD is the problem (time) ??
Scan-Drives-Windows-7.jpg