Help! having Mobo installation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridd21

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
Ok im having some issues I upgraded my computer from a crappy AND cpu and the fx-4100 cpu to a Asrock z77 extreme 4 and a i5 3570k cpu. I took out the old mobo and then installed the new one and cpu hooked it all up turned it on and then it goes to the windows screen saying it needs to repair i run that no good now I know I need to reinstall windows the problem in having is I cant figure out how to get it to run the CD I go into bios set it to boot from CD drive when I did it would turn on then shut off run from harddrive it will turn on for a few then shut off I'm stuck because I cant figure out what to do now and the user guide is not helping seeing its written as if you just built the computer not did a switch from AMD to intel. I was told this was supposed to be easy =/ not looking this way.

Computer when I bought it.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285

Specs now
Asrock z77 extreme 4
i5 3570k
EVGA GTX 560 SC
corsair 650tx

rest is the same as before.

Solution
He is making an assumption that you used the same license on all three machines which would in fact be illegal. However if you used the same disk and three sperate licenses then no biggie. try getting a thumb drive using the windows 7 thumb drive creator provided by Microsoft to create an windows install on that thumb drive and then boot off that. Good Luck

ridd21

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
The CD came with the computer but its not OEM ive used it a few times to upgrade my old labtop and mothers old laptop from vista to windows 7. It somtimes will turn on a few seconds then shut off and safe mode key is f8 right?

sindawi

Honorable
May 3, 2012
He is making an assumption that you used the same license on all three machines which would in fact be illegal. However if you used the same disk and three sperate licenses then no biggie. try getting a thumb drive using the windows 7 thumb drive creator provided by Microsoft to create an windows install on that thumb drive and then boot off that. Good Luck

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.