Trying to choose the right mobo

nightshift23

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I have been looking at some more expensive mobos than the one I am about to ask about, mid level boards from Asus, gigabyte and Biostar

My question is is there anything wrong with this board for gaming build?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-138-352&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

BIOSTAR TZ77B LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

I don't think I am to worried about the sound card being a bit lower quality as I use head phones exclusively (will it make a difference in headphones) and as far as overclocking new egg reviews claim to have gotten their 3570ks up to 5ghz, which is fine by me.

I'm not sure I can see a reason to spend 30-50 more on mid level board over this perfectly fine budget board.

The key components for the rest of the build:
I5-3570k
Gtx 670
8GB DDR3 1600

nightshift23

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
I understand the MOBO I'm pointing out is a budget board, and that there are better. But of what use are these better mobos? I can overclock to my hearts content on this one, its just as fast, i can hook all I want into it.........why spend more?

SSri

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I am unable to find a review of your mobo. So, I cannot comment. Generally, Asus, ASRock, MSI, etc. are known and reputed manufacturers. My recommendation is based on a nice review at Tom's. I would always buy a motherboard recommended at a site like Tom's.

TRENDING THREADS