Sign in with
Your question

Power outlet goes out when i turn pc

Last response: in Components
September 2, 2011 10:17:24 PM

Hello, everytime i turn on my pc, the power outlet shuts off in the main power control box. And so i turn it back on and off till the computer turns on properly... why is this happening. ty

More about : power outlet turn

a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2011 10:25:35 PM

Other than the PC, what else is connected to that circuit? What PC do you have?

If the breaker has tripped too often, it should be replaced as it can no longer accept its maximum rated load.
m
l
September 2, 2011 10:36:11 PM

i have a rocketfish 500w powersupply with HD radeon 5750, and the only thing connected is speakers and monitor
m
l
Related resources
September 2, 2011 10:55:34 PM

That is what is plugged into the socket. But what is on the actual circuit could include many other wall sockets in you home......depending on how the house was wired. When ever the total draw on a circuit is more than it's rated to handle, the breaker will trip to prevent a meltdown.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 3, 2011 2:59:50 AM

GhislainG suggests the breaker is faulty and tripping at too low a load, so it should be replaced. BUT it can only be replaced with a breaker of the SAME current rating. A more likely explanation, though, is that the circuit you plug you computer into has many other items plugged in also so that the TOTAL current is now over the limit of a perfectly good breaker. You would have to move some of those loads to other circuits.
m
l
September 4, 2011 8:05:54 PM

Or in other words, maybe try a different outlet away from the one you are using. Another room would be a good choice. See if that helps.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 4, 2011 8:51:51 PM

Once the circuit breaker trips (which seems rather easy to do), don't reset it right away. Identify another outlet that still is live and use it instead. At the same time, you could identify what no longer works and you'll know what's connected to the same circuit.
m
l
September 8, 2011 1:40:24 AM

ty guys i fixed the problem! thank again/.
m
l
September 8, 2011 1:41:02 AM

Glad to hear it! Good luck!
m
l
!