1st Gaming RIG Moded.

XxH34dshotxX

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Please Note: I understand this is a lot to read as I am a novice to computer building and I am only 15. Right now my parents don't feel I have the ability to make a successful computer by myself and I want to prove them wrong - I also want to prove to my self that I can successfully use what I have learned. My 16th Birthday is coming up and my parents said that if I can show them I have done my research they will give me $300 to build my PC - the rest of the $ is what I have earned working and have saved up. School is almost out (June 30th) and I would like to order my computer by July 1st. If anyone can please dissect my system and answer any of my questions it is appreciated beyond belief!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I recently did a lot (hours) more research and I have what is now my current gaming RIG build. I am using my rig to play and Fraps:
- Crisys 2
- Call of Duty MW3
- Call of Duty Black Ops
- Combat Arms

The only the components I am most confused with are the Mobo, Cooling system and the Case - any recommendations would be amazing! I understand my GPU is over priced however I want the smoothest game play I can afford while I Fraps.

Other concerns I have are:
- Will my case and cooling system be able to handle SLI graphic cards - when I have more $$ I plan to get 2 Nvidia 560 SC. I want to keep them cool!
- Will my current system have enough air flow to keep my components cool?
- Is there anyway I can reduce the cost of my Motherboard/Operating system?
- Will the case hold a SSD I plan to purchase when the price drops?

*BASE_PRICE: [+709]

CAS: * Azza Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans [+43]

CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]

FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

HDD: 750GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-5] (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [-37] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+43]

MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors OR Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor

OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)

POWERSUPPLY: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+117]

SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+197] (EVGA Superclocked [+17])

_PRICE: (+1197) + $95 CDN shipping + Tax = $1447

Thanks for reading - any posts are accpetied!

sleapeasy

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
1.) the case and cooling will definitely help it stay cool with sli with that big fan on the side.
1.a) Also i looked at the motherboard and there is a gap between the 2 cards because they squeezed another pci slot in there, so you top card wont be chocked by the bottom +1 :)
2.) The current system will have plenty of airflow to keep parts cool.
3.)I would go with that mobo if you plan on upgrading to sli nVidia in the future. Go linux or buy your own windows os from newegg.ca. might save 20 bucks if you get a good discount. Just don't pirate it. cough..burn it to a disc..cough... install it...cough... then download a windows 7 bootloader and cough run it cough...

4.) If the SSD is a 3.5 inch drive it will install just like a mechanical HDD, also if you buy a 2.5 inch notebook drive the ussuall get shipped with an adapter for you.

If you want more info or a cheaper price email someone here they helped me with my last computer and know what they are doing.
4.)

XxH34dshotxX

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Haha thanks for the the advice! I upgraded the cooling system but now I may not.
"Just don't pirate it. cough..burn it to a disc..cough... install it...cough... then download a windows 7 bootloader and cough run it cough..." <- This made me laugh too :D