Another Bulldozer Thread

krystianb10

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Tonight I can go ahead and purchase a 2500k rig, but with people saying bulldozer will be released end of september, maybe i should wait and see if its worth it. But do you think if I do wait that the $220 or $240 versions of it will be better than a 2500k?(I know nobody knows any benchmarks yet) If I go with Intel now I can save $40-60 on the processor by buying from microcenter.

I have heard, from a pretty reliable source, that Bulldozer might be delayed till November.

As for the performance, its price means it will be either equal to or near it. I don't think its going to blow a 2500K out of the water but it isn't going to be horrible either.

I say go for the 2500K build. Its not a bad choice and waiting for something and missing out on a good deal is not worth it since the 990FX mobo and the $220 Bulldozer CPU will probably cost you about the same as a build with the 2500K anyways. Plus you could wait till September and it turns out to be delayed till later and miss out on the deal.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
I've given up on bulldozer myself. Delay after delay. The 2500k is no slouch and there is no guarantee BD will be faster. If you need a compter, buy it now I say. I'm glad I didn't wait and microcenter has amazing deals! With the price of ram, might as well get 8gb right now.