Closed Solved

Looking for an specific Mobo

Hi there guys. Since 10 years ago I've been using AMD board's and I've been always satisfied until now. I have a Gigabyte fx990 ud3 mobo and the mobo itself is awesome, but as you already know the FX processors are just not so good as expected; in addition I recently bought an MSI gtx 680 which I would like to see in SLI, but fx 990 mobos have problems with it! So I think it's time to move to intel. Anyway I was thinking on getting an intel board with the same features as my Gigabyte fx990 has (specially 2 16x pci ports and the audio quality) but so far I haven't been able to; I don't know much about Intel platform but I find pretty confusing so far that there are a lot of slot around.

So far I found the Gigabyte z77 gi sniper 3 but it's a 500US mobo, or the x79 ud3 but it only works with i7´s

I'd like a gigabyte mobo that supports an i5 2500k or the 3570k, my budget is around $250.

Thank you
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking specific mobo
  1. Best answer
    Virtually any sli capable Z77 motherboard will do the job for you.
    They will all have X16 capability for a single slot, and X8/X8 capability in sli. It is part/limitation of the chipset design.
    But, do not worry about X8/X8. Even with a card as good as a GTX680, there is negligible difference in actual FPS. Think 1-2% or so.

As to the audio quality, I have no expertise. I find onboard to be perfectly fine to my sound challenged ear. You will have to research the sound quality of the different chipsets used for sound.
    One can always add a discrete sound card later.

If you are most comfortable with gigabyte, fine. But check out the others like Asus, Asrock etc.. too.
    As far as I can tell, they are all good.
  2. Best answer selected by davemaster84.
  3. Thanks a bunch!
  4. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gigabyte