Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GTX 560 ti SOC problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 26, 2011 11:00:50 PM

Hey, so I just bought gigabyte's gtx 560 ti soc and I've come across what could be an issue or not. If it happens again I'll try to get a screen shot but until then the best I can describe it is, I started Two Worlds 2 and everything looks like a milky crystal. I also started sniper ghost warrior game once when this happened and it looked different, everything was just very bright so I couldn't see anything. Its happened twice and I'm not sure what to make of it. Both times I just restarted my computer and it goes back to normal and everything's fine. It seems to do it for no reason. Anybody come across this before or has any idea what it could be? On an unrelated note could someone tell me what are all the green lights on this new card? I assume they are telling me everything's ok but only one light is on when I'm not playing games, is that normal?

ASUS m2n32 sli deluxe
600w xion power supply
athlon 64 x2 6000+
4gbs ram
gtx 560 ti soc

I know the rest of my computer is old, I'm in the process of building a new one and haven't got the other parts yet. I just wanted to see what performance increase the 560 ti would give me, and I'm very pleased with it. Except this graphics issue.

a c 595 U Graphics card
March 27, 2011 3:20:51 AM

First of all, make sure to install the latest drivers off the Nvidia website. Once you get that, then we can see what else it might be.
m
l
March 27, 2011 2:44:36 PM

Sorry I didn't mention that before. I have the latest drivers installed. And I should probably mention I'm only running windows xp 32 bit right now. Like I said I'm the process of building a new system.
m
l
Related resources
March 27, 2011 3:49:29 PM

It did it again and I got a couple of screenshots.

And this one is from Sniper Ghost warrior game.

Strange thing is that I tried Fallout 3 and Oblivion and there working just fine.
Could it have anything to do with switching between green mode and either gaming or oc mode with oc guru?
m
l
a c 595 U Graphics card
March 27, 2011 4:23:56 PM

Sorry, I can't see the screenshots.
m
l
March 27, 2011 4:49:46 PM

Sorry about that, hope this is better.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

And the Ghost Warrior one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />
m
l
a c 595 U Graphics card
March 27, 2011 8:25:42 PM

You really need to search through the Nvidia Control Panel to make sure you don't have any weird settings enabled. Then, I might consider reinstalling the game. It might be texture corruption.

The green lights on the SOC card are indicators of it's power phase. They are little more than eye candy.
m
l
March 28, 2011 6:12:36 PM

In hindsight I probably should have uninstalled and reinstalled the game first but since it worked before I put the new card in I didn't think it would be that simple. Still not sure if this corrected the problem or not but so far it hasn't done it since reinstalling it. I'll let it go a little longer before I say its corrected.

As far as my nvidia settings go they should be fine, I didn't change anything from nvidia's recommended settings. I did check them out though and didn't see anything that might cause the problem.
m
l
a c 595 U Graphics card
March 28, 2011 11:47:37 PM

Be sure to switch the setting for "Mixed display/Mixed GPU acceleration" to Single display performance mode, if you are on a single screen. It defaults to multiple displays.
m
l
March 30, 2011 8:49:16 PM

Yes, that is the one thing I have done, is switch that. And it still hasn't done it again so hopefully it won't start again. Although it does seem to like to crash sometimes when I start the game now. Don't know why but I can deal with that.

My main concern was just making sure I didn't have a bad video card. Thanks for all your help and sorry for troubling you, I should have reinstalled the game first. Don't know what I was thinking.
m
l
a c 595 U Graphics card
March 30, 2011 10:06:01 PM

No problem.
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
August 5, 2011 7:58:22 PM

17seconds said:
Be sure to switch the setting for "Mixed display/Mixed GPU acceleration" to Single display performance mode, if you are on a single screen. It defaults to multiple displays.

Thank you very much for this advice, i have performence problems with my 560 soc and didn't think of putting that off, good one !
m
l
August 5, 2011 8:10:44 PM

Hi Rob,

Did you uninstall your old drivers before installing your new ones? Sometimes Nvidia can be a bit quirky if you install drivers for a different video card over old drivers. I had issues in one game and the below steps fixed it

1) Uninstall your video adapter.
2) Reboot and let windows install it's default vga adapter
3) Install the latest drivers for your card
4) Profit
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
August 5, 2011 9:45:22 PM

elrui said:
Hi Rob,

Did you uninstall your old drivers before installing your new ones? Sometimes Nvidia can be a bit quirky if you install drivers for a different video card over old drivers. I had issues in one game and the below steps fixed it

1) Uninstall your video adapter.
2) Reboot and let windows install it's default vga adapter
3) Install the latest drivers for your card
4) Profit

Nope, i updated new drivers ( also for bios ) from the gigabyte site and the problems are over it seems. ( kernel errors, spontanious re-booting, crashes etc. ) When the problem starts again i will try your advice, thanks so far.
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
August 5, 2011 10:03:14 PM

Now i think of it again, i did do a "clean" driver update. Without keeping the old settings etc. Maybe that was indeed the problem.
m
l
!